29 Vivian

The day after the interview, after dinner, Aiden suggests that I buy warm winter clothes. More exactly, it isn't a suggestion - he simply states that we are now going to do online shopping.

"I told you I don't feel good about it..."

"Let me spoil you as much as my heart desires," the guy continues to insist.

"I'm not comfortable with this," in turn, I'm on the defensive, although I understand there is a need to buy new clothes – I don't know how cold the winters are here, but it was hard to live in summer clothes in the mountains.

"But I am. You're a beautiful girl who deserves beautiful things," Aiden gives me his magnetic look, and in the end I decide to give up.

After all, I still intend to pay back the debt over time.

And if so...

It's difficult to explain what I am guided by when I go to the lingerie section and choose the most impractical, but stunningly beautiful and seductive sets, in addition to the necessary purchases. Although who am I kidding, everything is clear here. It's all Aiden's fault and his incessant praise of my body, which makes me more and more confident in myself.
I think it should be an advantage not only for me...

I'm lucky the guy left for a work call, although something tells me that this time I wouldn't be so embarrassed. Perhaps I even need to ask his opinion somehow when choosing... He left me his card for payment, so I can place an order without his presence.

"How are you doing here?" Aiden asks, sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"It's okay, I'm done."

"Have you already decided when you're going home?"

Home...Feels like a bitter taste on the tongue...

"I'll work for two more days and go on the next weekend," noticeably nervous, I answer.

In fact, I've been thinking about how to do everything perfectly all day at work today.
I'm sure that for the next couple of days I won't be able not to think about the upcoming mission, because I have never done anything like this.
My anxiety has just been sitting for hours in an oxygen mask from uncertainty and fear of failure.
What if I get detained? What if my parents are at home?

No, it's impossible. My parents clearly follow the schedule, no matter what happens...
Although they risked coming for me to take me away from here.
It was an absolute exception to the rule, but, nevertheless, they went for it.

God, my head is killing me. All this overthinking only makes it worse and worse.

"Viv, can you hear me?" Aiden asks, worried.

The guy looks at me suspiciously, but doesn't say anything.
We are both getting ready for bed, and I really hope that in his warm embrace I will be able to drive away disturbing thoughts.

***

A couple of days later, before picking me up from work at 8 p.m., Aiden receives at the pick-up point some of the packages with clothes from my recent order.
However, I hardly have enough strength for dinner and a shower, despite the desire to try everything on as soon as possible.

"How do you like it?" the guy suddenly asks, entering the bedroom.

I look up from the book and freeze in surprise – he is dressed in beige from head to toe.

"Tell me you're not..." I begin.

"You didn't think I'd let you handle it all by yourself, did you?"

In response, I just blink my eyes in confusion.