Long Lost Memories Part 5 ( Last Part)

A/N: @sourgirllll I can't believe this is the end! I've had so much fun writing this request that it ended up being longer than even I planned! Alright I want y'all to buckle in for this one because its gonna be a sad one for sure. I tried every which way to write this without it being sad but it just didn't work with out a little bit of depression in there. I can't wait to see what you guys think!

Tony's POV

I stood at the entrance of the church with my kids standing on either side of me, trying to hold it together as every person I know and even some I don't walk up to me a say one of a hundred phrases that are only reserved for funerals. (Y/N) had passed away peacefully n her sleep and her hospice nurse Rachel found her when she went to check on her a few hours later. Rachel called me right away and now here we are. I snap out of my thoughts when (Y/N)'s mom walks up to me with tears in her eyes and a giant bouquet of black roses and sunflowers. I smile\ at the flowers the best I can given the circumstances and pull her into a hug. " How are you doing? What about the kids?" 

I look down at the kids then look back at her. "We're doing as good as expected I guess.".

She gives me a sad smile then crouches down. She opens her arms to the kids and for the first time all day they peel themselves away from my legs and run into her arms. I sigh and smile, genuinely smile, for the first time all day. I can't describe how good it feels especially after a day of hearing 'I'm sorry for your loss' and 'She was taken way to soon.'

I go through the motions through the service. When it's time for me to get up and talk about my wife, the mother or my kids, I manage to only tear up once or twice and only took one break to pull myself together. I was glad when the day was finally over and the kids and I were able to go home and just process everything. While planning the service and everything else for (Y/N), I had asked her mom to come and sty with us for a while or permanently if she wanted. She agreed. I sit on the couch with my kids on either side of me and my mother in law on the opposite end of the couch. "You know, I'm glad that you agreed to stay with us." I finally speak up, breaking the silence  that had settled over the room. 

"Me too, I get to see my grandkids and honestly I want to help you guys out as much as possible. She was my daughter and you're her family." She says, giving me a small smile.

I smile back at her then stand up with a small groan "Well, I think it's time for some kids to get changed and take a nap." I clap my hands together and grab both kids throwing them over my shoulder and throwing them into a fit of giggles. 

I walk up the stairs and put both of them in their rooms. "I already laid out your change of clothes before we left today so they'll be on your beds." I smile as the kids rush to get their clothes changed and in their beds so I could read them each a story before they took a nap.

After I get finished reading both kids a story and they're asleep, I creep my downstairs careful to make sure neither of them wakes up. When I get downstairs I walk into the kitchen and see my mother in law cooking lunch for the both of us. We sit and eat and talk about (Y/N). It's nice to talk about the good times when everyone always asked about the bad times especially after a day like today.

Present day...

"And that's what happened." I say leaning on the counter and waiting for the kids to respond.

"Did all that really happen?" Owen finally pipes up.

I nod my head and smile at him " You can ask grandma when she gets back from the store if you don't believe me."

Just as the words leave my mouth she walks in the door. "Grandma!" the kids shout jumping down from their chairs to run over and give her a hug. 

"Hey kids." She puts down the grocery bags and opens her arms for the twins. They slam into her and she all but falls over.

I laugh and walk over to them to help her with the groceries. "Thank you." She laughs as the kids start 'helping' me carry bags to the counter. 

"They were wondering about their mom." I tell her and she smiles even wider if that's even possible when she's looking at her grandkids.

"Oh well, if it's okay with your dad we can leave him to put away groceries and I can tell you all about your mom."

The kids excitedly turn around and look at me bouncing on the balls of their feet. "Is that okay dad?"

I laugh and nod, watching as they take off towards the living room with their grandma right behind them.

A/N part 2: Thank you so much for reading!!!! I really hope you enjoyed the story and remember if you have any requests please get them sent in to me!