One Last Goodbye

Sitting, writing the letters, it's one of the hardest things you've ever done. You can't take it anymore, the way they look at you, like you're broken. The scars that cover your wrists tell the story of your life and everything you've been through. You finish all of the letters, laying them out on your desk in plain sight. You walk into your bathroom, grabbing the razor blade that had made many of the scars that covered your wrists. Lowering yourself into the water, you lean back. You hold the blade to your wrist, cutting one straight line. You watch your blood flow down your arm before using the blade to cut one more straight line into the flesh of your other wrist. You close your eyes feeling the softness of the water on your skin, you don't feel pain, just peace. Peace in knowing that they can't hurt you anymore, but also peace in knowing that Tony will know that none of this was his fault and he was the best thing you had. This was the last thought you had before everything went dark.

Tony's POV
(Y/N)'s funeral service was small, with only a few people from school there and her family. I glanced around my eyes falling on her coffin. I feel the tears  well up, threatening to spill over. I quickly wipe my eyes, watching as her coffin is lowered into the ground. After the service, I head straight to my car. "Tony, wait!" I turn at the sound of the voice calling my name and see (Y/N)'s mother making her way towards me.

"Mrs. (Y/L/N), what's going on?" I turn, leaning against my car. (Y/N)'s mother pulls an envelope out of her purse, handing it to me.

"We found that on her desk, it was meant for you." She turns, making her way back to her husband, who is leaning against the car.

I climb in my car, making my way home. I get home, heading straight to my room and locking the door. Taking a deep breath, I open the letter, staring at her handwriting covering the paper. Tears spring to my eyes as I start to read the letter.

Tony,

I know that this letter is probably the last thing you want to read right now, but I need you to read it so you can move on with your life. I don't want you to forget about me, but I do want you to live and not stay stuck on one moment in time. I think that's the problem with this world, people stay stuck on a moment in time that sucked. I tried not to do that, but it just kinda happened. After Hannah died I got stuck on what I could have done to save her and it threw me into the same hole Hannah was in and I couldn't climb back out. I knew I needed to find some sort of help, but I felt that if I asked for help I was weak and people would look at me like a kicked puppy. Anyway, back to the actual purpose of this letter, by now you have been to my funeral and you're probably wondering what you could have done and how you didn't see the signs. The truth is no one saw what was happening and no one could have done anything about it either. Tony, none of this is your fault, through all of the ups and downs I had you were there. I know you're going to blame yourself, and you know damn well that I wouldn't want you to do that.  So, go out live your life and I guess, tell my story. Tell my story, so that maybe, you can save other families from suffering like mine probably is. Be there for my family, make sure they know that they have someone there for them. I love you.

Signing off with one last goodbye,

(Y/N)