Be The Reason

You sit on your bed in the morning looking at the scars that cover your wrists, deciding that there is nothing left for you, no one cares anymore. You always felt like this but you knew, this time it was a fact, at least that's what your brain was telling you. You had made a list of reasons why you shouldn't do this but there was only one: Tony Padilla. Tony was the only one you knew would actually be hurt by your death and you knew he would be a mess.

You walk to the bathroom and turn on the water in the bathtub, your parents weren't home so you didn't have to worry about them. As you watch the water fill the tub you decide to leave Tony a voicemail so he would know that none of this was his fault. You dialed his number and waited for the call to be sent to voicemail. As soon as the electronic voice finished it's speech you started to leave the message.

"Tony, I know you are going to think that this is all your fault and that you could have saved me, but the fact of the matter is that you couldn't and none of this is your fault. I made my choice, and you were the only reason I could think of to live, but my mind always tells me you're not enough. You are, Tony you're enough, but I have to go I'm not happy here anymore. I'm so sorry. I love you."

After you said all that you needed to you hung up the phone. You laid down in the tub, letting the water surround you, enjoying the last few minutes you had. As you lay there in the tub your phone starts to ring, it's Tony. You let it go to voicemail, and pick up the razorblade.

Tony's POV
As soon as I got the voicemail from  (Y/N) I called her back, and when she didn't pick up, I panicked. I told my dad that I would be back in a few hours and then I ran out to my car, praying I would make it in time. I sped the whole way to her house.

When I pulled up I hit the breaks so hard the tires squealed. I jumped out of my car and ran into the house. I ran into the bathroom and found her, bleeding, unconscious from the loss of blood. "Hey! No, no, you are not doing this to me (Y/N)!" I yelled as I pulled her out of the tub.

I quickly dialed 911 and then got to work finding a towel to stop the blood from flowing from her wrists. I sat there for what felt like forever, waiting, hoping, and then the paramedics came taking her away in the ambulance. I followed behind in my car, not wanting to leave her.

(Y/N)'s POV
You wake up in a hospital bed, with machines all around you. You start to panic until you notice that someone is sitting next to you holding your hand. You look over to find Tony asleep in the chair with his hand clasping yours as if his life depended on it. You smile at the sleeping boy at your side, then turn your attention to your wrists, they are wrapped in gauze and you can feel the stitches in them when you move. You pull your hand out from Tony's causing him to stir. You hold your breath hoping you don't wake him up. When he settles back down you breathe again. A nurse walks in and smiles at you.
"He hasn't left your side you know. Hold on to that one, he's something special." She tells you.

You smile back at her." Yeah he is special. He really hasn't left?"

"No he refused to leave your side." She looks at Tony's sleeping form.

"Did he say anything?" You question, voice quiet

"No, just that he wasn't leaving you." She smiled at you and left the room.

After the nurse left the room you turned your attention to Tony. You smiled at him and shifted in the bed so you were closer to him. You started to play with his Raven hair, as you play with his hair, he slowly but surely wakes up. " Hey." He says, voice thick with sleep.

"Hey." You say softly.

"You alright? You wanna talk about it?" Tony asks, seeming fully awake now.

You shake your head and break down in tears. Tony quickly wraps his arms around you, careful not to hurt your wrists. "Shh, it's alright, I'm not leaving, not again."

You sit there wrapped in Tony's arms for what feels like eternity, just enjoying the feeling of being happy for once. Tony pulls back from the hug and kisses your forehead. "You know I love you right?" He asks, concerned.

"I know Tony."

You sit there in silence, comfortable and content with just being near him. A nurse walks in the room and pulls Tony outside despite his protests. You can hear them whispering outside the door and wait patiently for Tony to return. Tony walks back in the room about 5 minutes later with a huge smile plastered on his face. " What?" You ask, laughing at him.

"You can go home. The nurse says since everything looks fine, you can go home but you have to wait for your parents to get back before you go through any treatments or get any medication."

"Wait, don't they need my parents permission to let me out of here?"

"I might have called my mom and told her to tell the hospital that she was your guardian while your parents are gone, so when the hospital had to call someone for you they called my mom."

"So I can leave?" You ask, still confused.

"Yes, you can go home." Tony assures you

Your smile falters for a moment. "Tony, I can't go back there." You say, voice cracking.

"Relax, you don't have to you can come home with me."

You breath a sigh of relief and climb out of the bed. Tony waits patiently for you to get dressed. You walk out of the hospital holding Tony's hand. As he helps you in the car you look over at him and see tears running down his face. "Tony, what's wrong?"

Tony climbs in the car and stares at the steering wheel. "I thought I lost you." He say, looking at you with tear stained cheeks.

You smile at him and cup both sides of his face in your hands. "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere, if you have anything to say about it."

Tony nods and starts the car. As you are driving down the road you look out the window. With everything running through your head one thought stayed. "Tony is the reason."