CHAPTER 14

BUT THE SURPRISEMENT did not end up that point. When the elevator dang as it came back right away on the loft floor of the complex, another unexpected and unwelcome visitor peeled himself off the elevator. Chandler David Limestone, with plasters and traces of bruises on his face, completely appeared and crowded the remaining ample area of the hallway. Lizabeth stood in between three men, excluded the landlord, Mr Wetdield. The young lady tried to act ignorantly as her purpose of ducking out of her apartment was to go to the grocery store.

"Sebastian, why are you here?" Chandler marveled out loud, determinedly tracing his attentiveness between Sebastian, Ralph and Lizabeth. Then dropping his gaze to the luggages pooled beside Sebastian, seemingly oblivious. "And why are you bringing your luggages here?"

"Isn't it obvious, Chandy?" Sebastian beckoned to the luggages beside him. "I'm here because I just moved into this unit here." He pointed to the door of the apartment that he paid for. "And I should be the one to ask you the same inquiry. Why are you here? And why–" he halted when he discerned the bruises and plasters around cns Chandler's face. "What the hell!" Then he pivoted fast and pried at Ralph. "You have bruises and cuts too." He pondered verbally.

The shrugged at Lizabeth and gestured, mentally informing her to take care of the scene as he needed to peel himself off. Sebastian Grand already paid him his three months sophisticated rental fee. Sensitively, Mr Wetdield pressumed that his presence became loiter and noisance to the scene. And that whatever the business and issue regarding the three men and Lizabeth, he completely deduced that he has nothing to do with it. As as long as none of the characters would severely and tremendously cause damage to his property, then his off.

Mentally, the young lady wanted to cease the landlord, thinking about what happened last night, Lizabeth insanely assumed in her wake that it was tentatively occuring again. Fortunately, when she began realizing that Sebastian was here, Lizabeth cleverly imagined that she could use the guy as a buffer between Ralph and Chandler. However, and in an unfortunate reality, Sebastian was Chandler's friend, and if the scene last night replayed and elaborated actually, that was when her mind began whirling and bugging her.

"What is going on here, Miss Goodwell?" Sebastian asked dubiously, frowning and prying at Lizabeth. "I'm sorry." He apologized quickly, shaking his head slightly. "I mean Miss Redwood. What is going on here? Why do they have bruises and cuts on their faces?"

"You really have to ask me that. As if I know everything."

"Not really, Miss Redwood." Sebastian objected defensively, jerking himself inches away from Lizabeth. "But as far as I can recall, these two–" he pointed to Chandler then Ralph. "Almost had a fight against each other last night at Donatello's. And I was there. Remember?" He sniggered teasingly. "So I presume you know what happened."

Sighing and shrugging, Lizabeth looked at Sebastian wearily. Exhaustion and annoyance danced across her beautiful frame. "I'd really like to explain to you but unfortunately I am in a hurry. But I can explain everything to you later. Since we're neighbors now." She sighed indolently as she rolled her eyes. "I need to go to the grocery store."

"Oh I see." Sebastian hissed squeakedly, fastly grabbing his belongings. "Let me take there inside and I'll drive you there."

"No!" Both Ralph and Chandler hollered simultaneously, sounding threatening Sebastian.

Afraid to witness the same horrifying scene she had witnessed last night, Lizabeth purposely and intentionally ripped herself off the hallway, scooting fastly to the elevator. Chandler extended a hand, attempting to block Lizabeth but the young lady resisted and swatted Chandler's hand. Ralph came in between them but Lizabeth scooted quickly like a flash. Unhesitatingly, she shoved both men away, preventing them from causing the same fear and trauma to her. Sebastian frowned at the scene but eventually changed his expression when he discerned the reason for the bruises.