CHAPTER 3

"THANK YOU FOR picking me up here." Brandon said, sliding his bulked built body into the passenger seat. And instantly draped the safety belt around his body before buckling it.

"What else I can do?" Chandler turned the stereo off as he responded. A hand on the steering wheel while the other hand was retrieving his phone from the dashboard. "You don't have a car and your motorcycle hasn't undergone oil change." He leaned against the seat, head twisted slightly to the passenger seat, smirking at Brandon. "How's that cute girl anyway? I'm planning to take here out this weekend."

Surprised and astonished, Brandon cleared his throat and twirled his head to the driver's seat. "What did you say? You're planning to take her out this weekend?" His inquisiveness sounded incredulous and more probably confused. "Are you serious about that?"

"Why do you say that?" Chandler reciprocated, shaving a return question to Brandon as he peeled his car off the parking lot of the building. He tilted his eyes to the passenger seat and uttered. "It's not like I am a married man and in a serious relationship with a woman."

"But you are betrothed."

"Betrothed but ain't legally committed still."

That shut Brandon's mouth and made him sigh in defeat. Chandler had a point to blurt to Brandon his civil or citizen status in life. Chandler's parents had made both arrangement and agreement to the couple who owned a local and fast rising food chain restaurant. The couple had a daughter, a year older than Chandler but Chandler despised her because she never seemed to meet or have the requirements Chandler Limestone was looking for a woman. However, no matter how Chandler attempted to object and protest to his parents and their plans, his attempts were always debacle.

But half of him was a little considerate of complying to his parents.

And as Lizabeth's friend, Brandon was just concerned about the young lady. Brandon didn't want Lizabeth to undergo what the other girls had undergone after seeing and secretly dating Chandler. Those girls faced and experienced turmoil and turbulence in their lives every time Chandler's parents knee who the girl their previous son was dating. Chandler loved girls who had a blond hair, tender breasts and nice butt, and most of the girls his parents prearranged a date to him before were none compliant. That was why when he saw Lizabeth, he couldn't help the attraction that bugged instantly.

"But she's just a cashier in one of your retail stores." Brandon chided frantically, sounding like protesting and antagonizing his friend's plan on seeing Lizabeth. "She's not the typical girl your parents are looking for." He continued blurting while hands waving randomly and dismissively. "And she will probably suffer the same like what those formers of yours before."

"I know what I am doing, Brandon."

"Really? I don't think so, Chand." Brandon supplied nonchalantly, stalking to the outside environment as the car passed a street, where sparkling lights illuminated the path. "You're only going to hurt her. Your parents is still the holder of your fate and your future." He turned to the driver's seat, lips twisted slightly to a frown. "And you don't even know if you're her type."

Chandler abruptly slowered the rolling of his car. "Why do you say that?" Chandler asked before tugging the car to the driveway. "If you have some sort of observation, I bet you're wrong." He unbuckled his safety belt before turning to Brandon. "I saw how her eyes sparkled when I asked her to take her out this weekend."

A frown crossed over Brandon's face, digesting what Chandler told him. "What? You're planning to ask her out this weekend?"

"I haven't asked her to take her out this weekend." Chandler countered, correcting and clarifying what he said. He unlocked the driver's seat door as he added. "But I told her that I will be seeing her again. And I want it to be this weekend." And he hopped off the car.