CHAPTER 20

THE REBELLING SUN ray that escaped from the curtain in Lizabeth's bedroom hastened through the bed, stinging Lizabeth's eyes. Squinting her eyes while dabbing them with her hands, Lizabeth grumbled, complaining about the maddening sunlight from the window. But then again in an instance, the smell of seared bacon, eggs, corned beef and mushroom were tickling and lingering through her nostril. Feeling enticed by the tempting and alluring combined smell, Lizabeth stretched her limbs, curling her fingers and toes, sprawling her trunk through the bed.

Last night was a blast after Danna and Martina left, in time for Chandler, Brandon and Ariella came, bringing all the stuff needed to chill the night away. The visitation Danna and Martina compelled last night generated the dormant hope and energy that had caved inside her. Knowing that the Mafia Prince fled, feeling the same way as she did, it sent a knock and punch if hope through Lizabeth's head. That in someway or somehow, the arranged and fixed wedding her father, Armando Goodwell manifested would be a debacle.

The elation Lizabeth felt, brought by the information Danna and Martina provided, making Lizabeth want to celebrate in sophistication. And she did and did it with Chandler, Brandon and Ariella. As the smell of the delicious food kept enticing Lizabeth, it encouraged her to sit up in bed. Only then she remembered that she was in her own apartment, and nobody lived with her. Moreover, she realized that everyone left after they had drunk the night away last night. And how came somebody was cooking in her kitchen for breakfast.

Did I lock the door last night after everyone left? Lizabeth mused worriedly as she crawled off of her bed. Oh goodness! Who the hell is cooking for breakfast in the kitchen? She grumbled mentally as she put on her slippers before bolting to the bedroom door. Swinging the door open, Lizabeth emerged from her bedroom and hurriedly rambled to the kitchen. Only then she flinched when a firm back of a familiar man materialized before her very eyes. "Mr Cortez?" She called cacophonously, making Ralph startle and snappily spin to face her. "How did you get in here?"

Ralph pouted, one hand was holding a spatula while the other hand was holding a pan. He raised his hand with spatula and pointed to the front door. "You didn't lock the door last night after they left." Ralph scoffed but sounded like teasing. "And you passed out and scrambled through the couch, mouth gawking and drooling."

"I passed out last and slumped myself in the couch?" Lizabeth marveled superficially in disbelief and doubt. She covered her mouth with her hand and sat on the chair next to the island counter. "But why did I end up laying in my own bed?"

Shifting his attention from the stove to face Lizabeth, Ralph spun on his heels, sneering at the dumbfounded young lady. "I carried you from the living room up to your bedroom." He said, still sneering at her. "The usual way I did before when you passed out when he drunk together in my apartment. Remember that?"

Oh gosh! Does this mean he was here just after everyone left? Lizabeth dumbfoundedly marveled, imagining insanely about what Ralph did last night. Did he touch me or did something explicit while I was unconscious? Instantly, Lizabeth propped herself off the chair and scooted abruptly to Ralph, clasping her hands on his shoulders. "Then what did you do then, Mr Cortez?" She shook his shoulders. "Did you touch or have sex with me while I was asleep?"

Ralph then grabbed Lizabeth's wrists and jerked them off gingerly on his shoulders, grimacing at her. "Excuse me, Miss Redwood, I'm not a somnophilia or a necrophilia. I am well, sound and sane." He blurted out rationally. "If you have doubt and susoecion, then you can go to the nearest doctor and have your hymen checked. Then you will know if I did something explicit with you or not."

Mindlessly, Lizabeth dragged her hand between her thighs, rubbing and massaging her crotch gently. The enactment was making the other one blink and frown dumfoundedly. Lizabeth was only checking to see if she was soring. Indeed and thankfully she wasn't. A pang of relief flared up after discovering that her purity was still in tuck and untouched. She was reserving her virginity to the right man she was going to marry and become her legal husband soon.