CHAPTER 4

SUNDAY THEN CAME and Lizabeth was still savoring the time being she had in bed since it was Sunday. Waking up early in the morning then going to shower to prepare for work was unnecessary. Mr Kenney sat Lizabeth's rest day during Sundays. The store manager was so impressed with how Lizabeth was determined to work overtime for the past days. Same thing with Ralph, the guy volunteered to extend his work time so he could receive nice pay. Ralph was enthusiastic about the deal the car shop has with him.

The owner offered him a nice trade of his Porsche car with a slightly used Toyota Innova and a fifty thousand dollars cash. Later that night when they got back to the apartment,  the landlord as both Lizabeth and Ralph paid their six months advance monthly apartment rent. However after paying their six months advance monthly apartment rent, a strange realization and feeling suddenly thronged to Lizabeth's head. Lizabeth perceived that she and Ralph nearly or perfectly had the same situation. But in her case, she was there living in the regular apartment because she was hiding from her father.

And she had to discover what was the story behind Ralph.

"Coming!" Lizabeth hollered from the ensuite washroom of her bedroom, she was brushing her teeth meticulously as the doorbell rang relentlessly. I wonder who the hell is coming to my apartment this early morning. Wait! Is it still early? She whined mentally as she rinsed the toothpaste and the bubbling fluoride off her mouth with water. "Can't you wait please?" She said exasperatedly as she jerked the door to open.

Unfolding and bestowing before her very electric blue eyes, the couple Brandon and Ariella, who seemed ready to go somewhere. That was because Ariella and Lizabeth discussed last night about going to the department store. Lizabeth had planned to buy herself new clothes for her daily casual wears. Recalling, she left their mansion with only few clothes and shoes, she thought they would be good enough for a short while. Indeed, the items she bought from fleeing their mansion in Bel-Air vaguely good enough for the estimated time.

"I thought that you were ready to go." Ariella whined while wandering her eyes through Lizabeth, who was still wearing her bathrobe. "Geez! You better get dressed while I'm waiting here in the living room." She added as she folded her arms through her chest, leaning against the door frame, sneering.

"Sorry. But I was about to get dressed and you rang the bell." Lizabeth apologized sincerely. Her voice was laced with pettiness and contrite that was translucent and palpable. She cocked her eyes to the side where Brandon was standing. "And what's with this, guy?"

"I'm coming with you two." Brandon supplied, running his hand around Ariella's shoulder. "She needs to buy new clothes too and I want to supervise what she is choosing." He scoffed teasingly, leaning his head on Ariella's shoulder. "Short and skimpy skirts are prohibited."

Lizabeth immediately shifted her awareness to Ariella, who was wearing jeans and oversized shirt – which was probably from Brandon. Her lips twisted slightly into a smirk before she uttered. "Now I know why you love wearing jeans and shirts. Instead of skirts and blouses. That sucks though." She then ushered them to proceed to the living room. "Anyway, you guys wait there and I'll be done in a minute or two. Promise."

True to her words, Lizabeth immersed out of her bedroom just exactly two minutes, after dressing herself. She chose to wear a sports baby tee, a pair of sports pants and her only rubber shoes. Her hair as usual was bound together in a ponytail. Brandon and Ariella pushed themselves off the couch and followed Lizabeth to the  front door. Slithering out of Lizabeth's apartment, both Brandon and Ariella, along with Lizabeth, flinched and jolted when Chandler appeared, occupying the hallway and leaning against the wall.

"Mr Limestone, good morning." Lizabeth spoke politely as she greeted the son of the owners of the retail store. "It's a surprise to see you around this very Sunday morning." She added, smiling at Chandler. I wonder why he's here?