CHAPTER 12

IT HAD BEEN a three weeks since Lizabeth was fired from the L-Mart retail store. Alongside with her termination was also the termination of Ralph. Because Mrs Limestone found out from her secret informant that Lizabeth was working as a cashier to one of their retail stores. And that Ralph was the man Lizabeth recommended to Mr Kenney to work as warehouse personnel. Mrs Limestone loathed the thought tersely, knowing two individuals had been betraying her were working as their employees. An impeccable thing she could never allow herself to tolerate.

Albeit, Mr Wilbert Kenney secretly stood against the idea of terminating Lizabeth and Ralph, because they were hard working employees, he needed to fire them off.

When Mrs Limestone found out that Lizabeth, the girl their son was secretly dating, was working as a cashier in their retail store, it bursted her rage. And knowing that Mr Kenney had been keeping behind her everything the man knew about, Mr Kenney was stilled about that and took no stern action for that. So, Mr and Mrs Limestone summoned Mr Kenney to their home where at the same time Mrs Limestone left just as Mr Kenney came there. That was the night Chandler and Lizabeth went out for the second time.

Mr Limestone discussed the matter with Mr Kenney that if he was not going to fire or terminate Lizabeth, they would fire him literally. That was the threatening condition the couple Limestone poked at Mr Kenney. Frantically and practically, the poor man had no choice but to comply with what his bosses were demanding him to do. Mr despised the objective of purging Lizabeth and Ralph, who had been working excellently for a month. And as store manager, he has not discerned any inevitable feedbacks from their other employees regarding the two.

The phone rang loudly and annoyingly from the night stand. The maddening obnoxious sound practically awakened Lizabeth from her peaceful nap. Grumbling while rolling through the bed at the same time, Lizabeth unwillingly stretched her arm and reached to snag the phone from the night stand. Taking the call without even checking who the caller was, Lizabeth pressed the phone against her ear. "Hello!" Lizabeth muttered between yawning and breathing. "Who the hell is this?"

"Who the hell is this?" A male voice amplified through the speaker of her phone as he hollered. "This is Harold Miller, you're manager. Where the hell are you Lisafe?" He asked.

"Oh my goodness Mr Miller, I'm sorry." Lizabeth immediately sat up in bed. "I thought you were somebody else. I'm really sorry for my demeanor." She apologized, sighed and asked again. "Why do you call anyway? It's still early."

"Is it still early?" Mr Harold Miller whined through the phone. "It's almost four in the afternoon Lisafe. And you need to get here as soon as possible. Jenny is off today and you need to fill her shoes while working on your job all at once." He explained briefly, telling her to get hurried.

"Ah.. okay.. I will be there in thirty minutes sir." Lizabeth stuttered clumsily, crawling off the bed, rummaging through the floor to search for her slippers. "I'll take a shower now and head there after." She hung up the call and checked the time on the phone's screen. Oh my gosh! It's almost five. I'll be late if I don't move now.

Lizabeth heaved a sigh before bolting to her ensuit washroom and creeped through the shower cage. Hurriedly, she ripped her shirt off before tugging her sweat pants down her feet before kicking it off. Immediately, she turned the tap on, allowing the water cascaded swiftly from tbe shower spray. She snatched the bottle of shower gel from the shelf before putting a generous amount to her palm. She emerged to the cold dropping water, feeling her tensed muscles lighten and ease up.

A week after Lizabeth and Ralph were fired up from the L-Mart retail store, Brandon immediately took the initiative to help them land another job. Since Brandon was working as a waiter in a restaurant Donatello's, he sincerely recommended Lizabeth and Ralph to his manager – when another branch of the restaurant he was working,  needed a waitress and a kitchen crew. Happily, Lizabeth and Ralph handed their resumes to Brandon and later that night, they were not disappointed when Brandon delivered a good news to them.