CHAPTER 24

THAT THURSDAY MORNING,  day before they flew to Vegas, Chandler returned to Lizabeth's apartment and offered the young lady to shop her some new fancy clothes. They would be in Mandalay Bay hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada and they would be probably meeting Hollywood stars like Beyonce and Jay-Z who had been known to perform in Mandalay Bay hotel. And Chandler wanted Lizabeth to have fancy clothes for her to wear as they would be staying there until Sunday morning.

Chandler himself went to Donatello's and talked to Harold in order to excuse Lizabeth for the weekend schedules. Harold hesitated for a couple of minutes but then decided to approve what Chandler was favouring to him. The guy was determined to make a good impression in a very steady momentum. Before leaving Donatello's, Chandler handed Harold an envelope containing bills which only the two knew how much the under the table worth – in order to excuse Lizabeth.

"How did you convince Mr Miller?" Lizabeth asked, buckling her safety belt in the passenger seat. "I know how hard it is for anyone to deal with him."

"Harold and I have been friends for a brief period of time." Chandler tersely said, peeling the car off the driveway. "I have been a loyal customer to Donatello's ever since I was twenty-one." He added, rocketing the car down the road. "And me and Harold have been drinking with friends in Donatello's before he got hired as their manager."

"Now I see why it's easy for you to talk to him." Lizabeth pursed her lips after he uttered, observing the road ahead. "You guys know each other very much."

"We are." Chandler giggled quietly. "He is two years older than me."

Chandler and Harold, the manager of Donatello's, were friends and had been hanging out and drinking together. That was before Harold got interested to apply for a managerial position in Donatello's – when the last manager resigned and went abroad. With that, no questions why it was easy for Chandler to convince the guy – no matter how hard Harold to deal with. Harold would only accept easily when his employees wanted to work their rest day, but employees would undergo a debate with him to ask for a leave of absence.

But he was a sufficient manager.

Lizabeth and Chandler were going to the largest shopping mall in Los Angeles, California, as Chandler wanted to treat Lizabeth and shop with her. Albeit Chandler had a few hidden agendas he kept behind Lizabeth, but they weren't invisible in the eyes of his friends. He was confident enough that his friends would never tell Lizabeth about his illicit liabilities. His friends would never turn their backs against Chandler because they had the same means of making themselves appease, sex.

"Where do you want us to go first?" Chandler asked, unbuckling his safety belt and trembling in the driver's seat. "You choose then we'll have dinner afterwards."

Lizabeth was loosening her safety belt and shifted her body and turned to Chandler. "It's you who will be paying for. So you choose." She said, playing her hair with her fingers. She knew her way to entice the guy since he said she's beautiful when she's playing with her hair. "I'll let you do the lead since you know what kind of dress that makes me look good."

"What about Calvin Klein?" Chandler suggested, smirking at Lizabeth, trying to be adorable to her. "Or we can go to Michael Kors and Zara perhaps." He continued, leaning forward to Lizabeth. "You choose our destination."

So, this is how my beauty is worth to you? My mom and dad used to shop with me in Louis Vuitton and Hermes in Paris, France. Lizabeth grumbled inside her head before retaliating to Chandler. "I'll stick with Michael Kors. I love his designs." They are worth displaying otherwise. Lizabeth shoved the passenger seat door and climbed off. "Then we'll have lunch before taking me back home."