30. I'm like your Christmas hero or something.

Dedicated to the passionate followers of My wattpad Love facebook group :) 

Chapter Thirty

It's so freaking cold.

I shivered inside my coat. Even though I was wearing everything necessary to protect myself from the cold, December's freezing winds had no mercy on me or anyone around me.

"We're gonna freeze to death," Lau rubbed her gloved hands together.

"We'll be fine," Jordan passed an arm over her shoulder to hold her to his side.

"I'm really sorry," Helen muttered.

We were walking through the coldest night of the year. Why? Well, there was no way we would allow Helen to walk home by herself. Small snowflakes fell on us, there were in my hair, in my face, everywhere. I could see my breathing turning white as soon as it left my mouth.

I was shaking without control and we hadn't even finished passing in front of Lau's house. We had to be careful, the sidewalk was totally frozen. It was slippery and so was the road therefore we couldn't drive our way over there. Helen's house wasn't really far from our street.

"I'm really sorry," Helen repeated, "When I went out of the house, it wasn't this bad and I really needed someone-"

"It's cool," I gave her a genuine smile, "I understand." 

We passed in front of Shane's house and we saw him through his room's window. He was on the second floor talking through his phone. He was in a red shirt wearing a Santa Claus hat. I smiled. I guessed his parents made him wear it. His gaze fell on us and he narrowed his eyes.

He hung up and pushed his window up to yell at us, "What the hell? Are you guys suicidal?"

"Hey, man! Merry Christmas!" Jordan waved his shaky hand at him.

"Nice hat!" I couldn't help it.

Shane glared at me, "Hello there, frozen minion."

I chuckled, "Hello there, jerkpid."

Shane gave me a boyish grin.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your weird greetings," Lau cut in, "But we're freezing our asses out here. Let's keep moving before I lose a finger."

We started to move again, and Shane yelled something at us but we didn't get it.

"What?" Jordan screamed back at him.

"Nothing! Keep going. I'll catch up with you guys in a sec!" Shane said before closing his window.

Some houses later, Shane trotted towards us. How he didn't fall in the frozen sidewalk was a miracle. He was completely covered like us: gloves, hat, coat and scarf. He was holding two steel travel mugs. I frowned.

"I brought hot chocolate," he offered the mugs, "It'll keep us warm."

-Lau snatched one from him, "That was actually smart. I'm impressed."

"Me too." Jordan admitted.

Shane glowered at them, "A thank you would've been enough." Lau had some hot chocolate and then passed the mug over to Helen.

Shane handed me the remaining mug and I took a sip. I felt the hot liquid running down my throat, instantly warming me up.

"This tastes amazing," I said in awe.