Ch.47 ~ '6233' (Randall)

A/n: Didn't want to split this chapter into 2 so a bit of a longer one than my usual. We are now getting to the good parts with season three only one episode away. I have lots planned for the governor arc so without further ado let's jump straight into the semi semi final episode of season 2.

~~~

Y/n's POV

Everyone was gathered around the shed waiting as the few of us, namely Rick, Daryl, Glenn, T and myself searched the area. Rick and I were inside the shed knelt by the cuffs while the others searched outside.

"He must have slipped them." Rick grumbles.

"That wouldn't explain the shed still being locked." I replied. Both of us shared a look before looking up at the roof. There were a few holes in it but none I'd fathom big enough for the boy to squeeze through, even for that stick of a boy. That and Daryl had patched up all the bigger holes earlier during the day while I was out in the forest.

"He could have slipped through one of those holes." Rick deemed otherwise.

I raised a brow at the man who still stared up at the roof before turning my gaze back to the cuffs as he stood up and walked out to address the group.

Outside I could hear Maggie and Glenn. Maggie asks what was going on with Glenn informed her that Randell had indeed escaped. But something about this didn't sit right. Once Andrea, who had at some point come into the shed to help search, left to join the others I picked up the cuffs.

I knew he had been trying to slip them, the blood and torn skin littering them was enough of an indication. But something still didn't sit right. I inspected the cuffs giving them a proper look over, blood pooled along the rims as it naturally would but what caught my eyes was the blood around the hinges. The way it smudged and smeared confirmed the feeling in the pit of my stomach.

These cuffs had been undone and removed from the boy's wrist before being clamped closed once more to look like he'd slipped them. This meant someone helped him escape. Having been too busy looking at the cuffs I hadn't paid any attention to what was going on outside till sudden yelling boomed from out there echoing across the grass area separating the forest to the shed.

The voice I heard made my head snap up as I quickly stood and marched out the shed only to see a beaten up Shane with a blood stained face making his way over.

"Rick! RICK!" He yelled urgency and anger in his voice. The moment everyone laid eyes on him fear and panic settled into the already tense atmosphere.

"What happened!?" Lori yelled back in response to Shane's calls.

"He's armed! He's got my gun!" For someone in a hurry, Shane was taking his time walking over. His initial yells struck fear into everyone and panic, now his yells were almost boring as if his claims about the boy being armed was no big deal.

"Are you okay?" Carl yelled, barging past the group of youngsters which had gathered to one side while us adults dealt with the situation.

"I'm fine. Little bastard just snuck up on me. He clocked me in the face." Shane roared with anger.

I eyed the man down, finding it awfully ironic that he'd 1. Be out in the woods when he's hardly done Jack around here and has been clearly avoiding them. 2. Let someone like Randall get the upper hand on him and 3. How the one person here who still wanted the boy dead would be the last one to see him.

This whole ordeal was suspicious to me and with the obvious cuff slipping thing being a sham, my guess is the person who helped the boy escape was the same person currently raging about having his gun stolen and getting clocked around the face with it. I kept the theory to myself but kept the hard stare on my face as I stood stoically by waiting for Rick to bark out his orders.