Ch.6 ~ Atlanta Pt.3

A/n: Hey guys sorry for the small unannounced hiatus was totally unintentional I just had a few things to sort but I'm back hahah so please enjoy and thanks for 200 reads. Also I'm going to make the chapters shorter so I can upload more.

~~~

Y/n's POV

Glenn cut open the fence blocking entry into the city under some bridge. Not being from here I'm often confused about where I am but thankfully Glenn knows the geography better than anyone here.

"Merle first or guns?" Rick asks Glenn as he steps through the fence.

"Merle! We ain't even having this conversation." Daryl exclaims in annoyance as he walks in front of Rick stopping us from moving on.

"We are. You know the geography. It's your call." Rick says again as we march forward.

"Merle's closest. The guns and armoury would mean doubling back. Merle first." Glenn states as we start jogging our way into the city.

"What about you Y/n? This was your 'mission'." Rick enquiries.

I spare him a quick glance before looking ahead and seeing an oncoming walker. I quickly grab my bow and an arrow from my quiver. I pull the bowstring back and release it, hitting the walker.

As we run past it I rip it out it's head before answering Rick. "Merle. The more men we have the higher our chances of survival."

"Sounds like you're making my brother out to be a sacrificial lamb?" Daryl grumbles from beside me.

"Only if it comes to it." I reply before we fall silent and continue on.

Before long we've managed to weave our way in and out of the alleys towards the shop's entrance that we found ourselves trapped in only a day prior.

We step over the crunching glass as quietly as we could. Rick leads the group followed by Daryl, Glenn, T-Dog and myself guarding the rear.

Rick gives Daryl a signal to advance forward and take down a stray walker. Since he had the second quietest weapon.

Following the command the stubborn man stalked forward, crossbow at the ready. Rick followed closely behind for back up as I walked backwards keeping my eyes on the rear.

As Daryl came face to face with the female walker he muttered. "Damn. You are one ugly skank."

The female walker groaned in response before the sound of an arrow being released filled the air as it lodged itself in its target's head. The female walker fell with a thump allowing us to advance towards the staircase leading to the roof.

We rushed up the stairs Daryl ahead of us racing to get to his brother's aid. As we ran we skipped steps causing Glenn to stumble slightly, luckily I was behind him so I pulled him back up to his feet before continuing on.

We reached the top and like I predicted the door had bent slightly but was still locked tight. T-Dog came forward with the borrowed bolt cutters to cut off the lock.

Once that was done we all barged through the door onto the roof.

"Marle! Marle." Daryl yelled as he rushed ahead of us to where his brother was supposed to be cuffed to.

As we followed and made our way onto the metal platform we came to realise why the walkers had so quickly vacated the shop. It was because Merle was no longer here... well not all of him.

"NO! NO!" Daryl cried as I frustratedly brought my hands up to the back of my head and cursed up towards the sky.

"This is bloody brilliant!" I state sarcastically as I looked back to the cut off hand of Merle Dixon laying on the ground next to a bloody saw and below bloody handcuffs.