Ch.9 ~ The Armoury & Chaos

Y/n's POV

We stealthily snuck our way around the back alleys of Atlanta being careful of the overrun streets a few feet away. Thankfully the location of the Vatos was towards the top end of the city close to where the armoury was located.

We ran along a building as we came close to an alleyway that led into the overrun streets. Stopping on the corner I peered around it to see a walker stumbling past. I quickly hid behind the wall again holding my hand out to the others.

Waiting a few seconds I looked again to see her gone. I stepped out running across to the other side as I waved the others in to follow. Once past the alley we continued down to the armoury.

We were almost there when three walkers stumbled out from another alley. We stopped in our tracks as we watched them hobble about before turning to us. When they turned to us my eyes widened as I realised who was standing before me. I gasped as I stepped back, colliding with someone's chest. I looked up to see Daryl looking down at me as I looked up with fear and guilt.

The three walkers continued forward as T-dog, Glenn and Rick stepped forward to take them down. I reached out and grabbed Rick's arm shaking my head. The three looked at me as I stepped forward with nothing but a knife.

I approached the three walkers with a sad look as I pushed the two males to the side and held my hand out to the female's throat holding it an arms lengths away. The walker reached out struggling to claw at me as her fingertips caught into the ends of my hair. Bringing the hand with the knife up and bringing it down into her skull I pulled it out and let her fall to the ground.

As she fell one the male ones tried to grab at my foot but I jumped back, slammed my foot on its back and held it there as the other darker skinned male walker approached. Tears pooled in my eyes as I held them back. The dark skinned walker got closer to me as its hands came to the back of my head and tried to pull me in but I held it back with my hand stopping it from moving its snapping jaw closer.

This time I brought my knife through the side of its head killing it instantly as its hands realised my head. I let it fall next to the female walker and I stepped off the one I was holding down with my foot. I walked back as I watched it stumble angrily to its feet. It came at me quickly as I gripped its throat holding it arm's length again before throwing it down on the ground side by side to the other two walkers.

I quickly kneeled down on its chest, keeping it down as it reached its hands up to my face, its dead hands trying to scratch at it. With sad eyes I raised the knife once again and stabbed it through the eye. Its hands fell as its body went limp.

I pulled the knife out and stood up glancing down sadly at the three walkers wearing welsh military uniform. I slipped the knife back into its holster as I looked up at the sky to keep the tears back. Feeling a hand on my shoulder I turn to see Rick looking at me with concern. I sigh and shake my head as I reach down and snatched the dog tags from around each of the three walkers necks.

Ushering the others on, I continue showing them the way to the armoury. A few minutes later we were entering a dark abandoned building huddled together as we navigate our way around in the dark, quietly so as to not alert anything that may be lingering. We reach the basement stairs and descend them.

I pushed the metal barred door open as we stepped into the small makeshift armoury. I stepped over the dead walker I had killed the last time I was here and went straight for the arrows grabbing as many as my quiver could fit. The others walked about looking at the weapons. "Grab only what we need." I said as I grabbed a few more boxes of ammo then helped Rick pick out some rifles and shotguns.

"Are we all not going to question the dead walker on the floor?" Glenn asked, walking past Rick and I with some ammo boxes.

"It attacked me and I left my knife on the wrong table." I shrugged as I turned around leaning against the table.