31 | ❝Anything for You❞ - Wonwoo

╔══════════════════╗
JEON WONWOO
✎ xxxi. anything for you
╚══════════════════╝

As soon as Wonwoo walked through the door, he knew something was off

As soon as Wonwoo walked through the door, he knew something was off. Setting down his coat and keys, he walked further into the entryway until he located you curled up on the couch, arms wrapped around your legs and head resting on your knees. He could see your body shake from your sobs, and the sight broke his heart.

He was at your side immediately, placing a gentle hand on your back and rubbing soothing circles, whispering what was wrong, hoping to calm you down as fast as he could. He hated seeing you cry more than anything. He wanted to take away all your pain and protect you from the world.

"Love, please tell me what's wrong. I don't know what to do if you don't tell me." He pleaded quietly with you now that you had stopped crying as much. He sat next to you on the couch, slowly moving your hands that were hiding your tear-stricken face. He gently swiped his thumb along your cheek, wiping away the last of the tears, frowning at your sad expression.

You tried to mumble out your worries and how awful your day had been going since you had woken up— how it had just gotten worse the more it went on and how much you had missed him.

It was hard to get your thoughts across with how much your voice stuttered and stumbled over your words, your throat hiccuping and your eyes welling up with more tears. Once Wonwoo thought he had gotten the gist of it, he pulled you back into his arms, hugging you tighter than before.

"It'll be okay, sweetheart. I'm here now. I'll cheer you up."

He littered kisses along your face and whispered compliments and teasing remarks into your ear. 'Don't cry, you look ugly when you cry' - and when you let out a little noise of protest from the teasing, he took it back, saying, 'you know you are always the most beautiful human in my eyes'.

With enough whispered words of comfort, being surrounded completely in his strong arms and lovely scent hitting your nose, and his sweet kisses to your temple and cheek, you started to feel a bit better. He had a talent to make everything seem okay somehow. no matter how hard the day started out, Wonwoo was always able to make those worries seem insignificant. You could get through anything as long as you were in his arms.

"I love you, you know?"

"I know, Wonwoo. I love you too. Thank you."

"For what?" He smiled, brushing your hair behind your ear. Wou were still in his arms, not wanting to leave his side for even a second.

"For making it seem a bit better."

"Anything for you."