29 | ❝5 Min❞ - The8

╔══════════════════╗
XU MINGHAO
✎ xxix. 5 min
╚══════════════════╝

It's still early in the morning and Minghao feels his own tiredness seep into every bone in his body, the intense dance practices yesterday making their presence known

It's still early in the morning and Minghao feels his own tiredness seep into every bone in his body, the intense dance practices yesterday making their presence known. He sinks his head into his pillow a bit deeper, sighing at the warmth the soft blankets provide him and just how comfortable it was.

"You'll be late for work, Hao." He hears your voice, a small mumble close to his ear. He smiles a little, humming out a reply but still not opening his eyes. He was just so content laying where he was, that the intention of getting up and out of bed was a distant idea.

"Baby." You say again, dragging out the petname, urgency starting to pull at your voice. "You said you had to be at the building by 8 am."

This time, instead of just humming, Minghao chooses a different strategy to get you to stop pestering him. Finding your wrist with his eyes still closed, he gently clasps his hand around it and tugs slightly, enough for you to fall forward a bit right into his chest. from then, he wraps his arms around you to trap you and make sure you couldn't go anywhere.

You whine out a complaint and Minghao finally decides that he wants to look at you, so he slowly blinks open his eyes, squinting at the sunlight that seeped through the window. Once his eyes were adjusted, however, the sunlight proved to be very welcome. The way it hit your skin made it look glowy and warm.

"Pretty." Minghao mumbled, a smile playing at his lips as he continued to admire your face without shame. You sat up a bit, evading Minghao's hug easily now that his focus was directed somewhere else.

"Baby," You said again, making eye contact with your boyfriend. His smile widened as he met your eyes, a soft giggle escaping his lips. He knew he was being a little ridiculous, refusing to leave bed, but he didn't particularly care. If it was possible, he would happily stay like this for hours, or maybe even the whole day.

"You'll seriously be late." The conclusion came with your hand cupping his cheek. He pouted with a sigh, knowing you were absolutely right. It was already almost 7:30am, and his time to get up and eat breakfast was passing by quickly.

"Just 5 minutes?" He proposed, hands circling your waist, pulling you a little closer again. You sighed, knowing you could hardly ever say no, especially to a request like that.

"Only 5, okay?"

"Mhm... just 5." He hummed, hugging you as close as he could, feeling warm butterflies spread in his stomach once again at the fact that you were his. You were the one cuddling with him in the morning, looking as radiant as ever, keeping him company. He hoped days like this would continue for a very, very long time.