8 | ❝Marshmallow Love❞ - Dino

╔══════════════════╗
LEE CHAN
✎ viii. marshmallow love
╚══════════════════╝

You sat at the campfire, roasting your marshmallow reluctantly

You sat at the campfire, roasting your marshmallow reluctantly. You didn't want to be here. You didn't know why your friends had left, but they hadn't let you come with them. They had left you out. It didn't make sense, but you still did what they told you to, and stayed by the campfire.

The embers were slowly dying, and the little warmth they had brought you was starting to fade away. The wind from the ocean brought a chill to your body, and you cursed yourself for not bringing a warmer sweater. You wished you never agreed to come on this trip in the first place. If it wasn't for Chan's persuading, you wouldn't have.

And speak of the devil- Chan ran out from the woods, seeing your figure crouched alone at the campfire. He gasped a breath. He wasn't too late. Your friends, the same ones that had deserted you, had ran to find Chan and told him you were by yourself on the beach, but that he had to go quickly otherwise he might miss his chance.

Chan had run faster than he ever had in his life, desperate to get there before you left. And he had succeeded. He breathed, trying to recall the steps to Mingyu's flirt class 101, but coming up with nothing.

He just decided to give it his best shot, and if he messed it up, at least he had taken the chance. He walked up to you, and you turned, smiling now that you weren't going to be alone anymore.

"Want a marshmallow? I have extra." You muttered, passing him the bag of marshmallows and package of skewers. He stayed silent.

"Y/n-"

"Do you know where the others went? I think Dokyeom wanted to tell me something."

Chan shook his head, taking another breath, "Y/n."

"Did you get to try the pizza balls? They were surprisingly good." You continued, making Chan look around as if something would help him get your attention.

"Y/n?"

You hummed in response, "I think we're going on a hike tomorrow. That's going to be a nightmare... I wonder if I can escape without the others noticing."

"Y/n." Chan said desperately and your eyes widened.

"What? Was I ignoring you- I'm so sorry." You whispered the last part, truly feeling bad for your rambling, but Chan just giggled.

"Can I talk now?" He asked, a smile on his face. You nodded.

"Do you know why the others deserted you?" You shook your head this time, ears listening closely to hear the answer.

"It was so I had a chance with you alone..." He mumbled and you blushed slightly, "Remember when I said there was something I wanted to do on this trip?" He looked up at you, his heart pounding in his chest so loudly he thought you might be able to hear it.

You nodded again, your voice getting caught up in your throat. You always felt a bit nervous around Chan which is why you tried to talk so much. It made your nervousness less obvious.

"Have you ever... thought... about... me?" He asked, wishing it had come out a bit smoother, but he was too nervous for that.

You nodded, finding your voice again. Clearing your throat, you whispered, "Yes. A lot actually." It made you happy to admit for some reason. You had a hope that this was going where you wanted it to, but all you could do now is wait with baited breath for Chan to continue.

"I think... I think I might be in love with you."

You lost your breath again. It was like his confession had sucked all the air out of you, and all you could do was just stare at him in shock.

"A-are you going to say anything...?" He asked nervously, his eyes as wide as yours.

"What do you want me to say?" You murmured, just as nervous as he was.

"Anything. Do anything." He breathed, practically wanting to disappear at this point.

"Can I do this then...?" Suddenly your nose was brushing against his, your eyes fluttering shut as you pressed a feather-light kiss to his lips. He blushed furiously, not even having time to close his eyes before the kiss was already over.

"Kiss me again." He said quickly, his hand catching yours before you could move back to your spot. You obliged him, pressing your lips to his in a longer kiss this time, satisfying him much better than the first one.