17 | ❝Home Alone❞ - Mingyu

╔══════════════════╗
KIM MINGYU
✎ xvii. home alone
╚══════════════════╝

a/n. this is part 3 to a series of mingyu as a dad!! there might be a part 4 coming, i haven't decided yet. (uncle froggie world domination)

Mingyu waved goodbye to you as you pulled out of the driveway knowing it would be the last time he'd see you for 5 whole days

Mingyu waved goodbye to you as you pulled out of the driveway knowing it would be the last time he'd see you for 5 whole days. You were going to visit your family and attend your cousin's wedding, leaving Mingyu alone with the 3 kids. You were confident in his ability to take care of them without you, but Mingyu, despite the puppy dog smile on his face, was having a minor crisis as he watched you drive away.

He stood there on the porch for a couple seconds, hand frozen in the air, no longer waving, but not brought back down to his side yet. He wished you would drive your car back and say it was all a prank and you weren't leaving him, childish as that was. When he finally realised he was maybe being a bit dramatic he sighed and turned back to the front door.

He could hear the high pitched screams and giggles that came from the playroom even from outside. They could probably be heard by the neighbours, Mingyu thought. How was he going to manage to take care of a toddler and two babies (who had now mastered the art of crawling and could probably win races with how good they were at it) without the help of his beloved wife?

There was only one answer.

Uncle Minghao, or, as Dowon called him, Uncle Froggie.

Mingyu pulled out his phone, clicking on Minghao's contact as he walked back inside. Micha sprung on him as soon as he stepped foot in the playroom, clinging to her father's leg until he hoisted her up to hold in one arm while he talked on the phone with the other.

"Backup would be apprecia- Dowon give your brother the toy or he'll start screaming!" Mingyu juggled with the justice of the playroom and hoped that Minghao would get the message without further prompting as he hung up the call.

Micha giggled as she watched the chaos around her, holding her father's t-shirt in a stronger grip than Mingyu thought was possible for a 1-year-old. She had grown even more clingy now that she could travel distances, and always made an effort to reach her father who she'd much rather be attached to 24/7 if that was possible. If she was crying or upset, being in Mingyu's arms usually calmed her down within seconds.

Mingyu grinned goofily and booped his daughter's nose just to hear her giggle and then sat down to help his sons build their train set. Micha hugged her pink stuffed bunny and sat in her fathers lap, watching with wide eyes as the train tracks were placed down one by one.

⎯⎯ ୨୧ ⎯⎯

Minghao invited himself in through the front door, already knowing the ins and outs of daily life with Mingyu's three children. He sometimes felt like he spent more time at Mingyu's house than he did his own apartment, but spending time with his niece and nephews was worth it. He had told Mingyu one late night that he could call him over anytime if he needed backup and he had fulfilled those words every time.