4 | ❝Smitten❞ - Joshua

╔══════════════════╗
JOSHUA HONG
✎ iv. smitten
╚══════════════════╝

 smitten╚══════════════════╝

"Good morning..." You heard a soft, tired whisper into your ear while strong arms encircled your waist. You smiled as Joshua sighed in comfort, enjoying the hug and the warm cinnamon smell that came from the frying pan.

"How late did you get back?"

"Like... 3 am." He said, eyes closed and head resting on your back.

"I'm making french toast."

"So I smell." He smiled.

"Maybe it'll wake you up more." You said, flipping the bread to see the beautiful golden brown colour on the other side.

"Maybe... I'm still half asleep right now."

"You could go back to sleep if you want. You don't have anything scheduled today."

"But the bed is cold without you." He whined, hugging you tighter.

You hummed, "That seems like a grievous issue... What about breakfast in bed instead? With me there, of course. Wouldn't want to let my baby get cold." You said. He nodded in agreement, but refused to leave the hug which made you giggle.

"Are you going to keep clinging to me until I finish making breakfast?"

"If you let me."

"You're cute." The comment made him smile, and you were completely enraptured by his sweet, sleepy state.

You finished frying the last 2 pieces of french toast, trying to manoeuvre around the kitchen to get plates and forks with Joshua still refusing to leave the hug. But you knocked him off eventually with the promise to take the food to your bed if he just let you prepare it without breaking something.

When you came into your bedroom with the food, you realised Joshua had changed his clothes. He was now wearing a pyjama set that matched yours and you giggled. Whenever he was this adorable, it took you by surprise.

"Here's your toast, cutie." You smiled, sitting next to him on the bed and placing the tray down.

"You're amazing, Y/n." He said, a smile blossoming on his face. "I love you."

You turned to him, those 3 words still making your heart flutter even though you had said them countless times.

"I love you more." You offered, giggling at the offended expression that Joshua gave you.

"You can't possibly love me more than I love you."

You shrugged, "Tough luck. That's just how-" You suddenly felt his lips against yours, stopping you from finishing your thought. Blush spread on your cheeks from the action. Even after 4 years, Joshua Hong still had the same effect on you.

"I was just suddenly reminded of our first kiss, so I thought I would make it more obvious." He said, fighting back a smile and starting to eat his french toast.

"But when we had our first kiss, we were fighting."

"Were we not fighting just now?" Joshua asked teasingly.

"It wasn't the same at all." You defended.

"It was, because I kissed you to stop you from talking back then too." He explained, "Back then... If I had let you continue what you were saying, you would've won that argument easily cause you're smarter than me. So I thought 'What can I do to make her stop talking?' and then I kissed you." He laughed.

Your jaw fell a little upon hearing this for the first time, "That was the reason?" You asked in disbelief.

He nodded, "Just to shut you up. It was totally similar to what just happened."

"I never really thought about why you kissed me that first time... I was too fixated on the fact that you actually kissed me."

"Really?"

You hummed, "I was so smitten by you back then, I thought you would only kiss me in my dreams."

"Are you not still smitten by me now?" He asked, pouting.

You leaned in to kiss him again, "I'm still smitten by you. Always."

He smiled, "Good."