Chapter 4: Unappreciated Kindness

"Li Chengqian, I feel that you are very different today." His deskmate, Jian Qingli, looked at Li Chengqian in surprise.

Unlike before, Li Chengqian was speaking to Liu Daqiang boldly just now.

Another point was Li Chengqian's gaze. She realized that Li Chengqian seemed especially energetic, and his eyes were sparkling like stars.

Li Chengqian was shocked but he didn't show it. "Really?"

"Yes!" Jian Qingli nodded affirmatively.

"Li Chengqian, are you serious about what you said to Liu Daqiang just now?" Jian Qingli asked curiously.

"Of course I am!" Li Chengqian nodded. After his Intelligence Stats reached 14 points, even if he was chatting with Jian Qingli, it wouldn't affect his ability to memorize words at the same time.

Jian Qingli looked at Li Chengqian in surprise.

She thought that Li Chengqian was just kidding Liu Daqiang.

There were only 100 days to the college entrance examination after all. With Li Chengqian's foundation, even if he worked hard now, the chances of him getting into university were extremely slim.

"That's good too. Even if we can't get in this year, we can still prepare for the repeats next year." She was Li Chengqian's deskmate. She knew Li Chengqian's results the best.

She didn't believe that Li Chengqian would be able to get into university this year.

Li Chengqian shook his head but didn't explain.

"Forget it. The monthly exam is only a week away. When the results are out, Jian Qingli will believe me." He knew that no matter how he explained, Jian Qingli wouldn't believe him.

In fact, the beautiful Jian Qingli was the person he had a crush on in his previous life. It was just that Li Chengqian didn't manage to get into university, and his parents got into a traffic accident. Li Chengqian fell into a state of depression, so he basically cut off all contact with Jian Qingli.

It was seven years after their high school graduation when he next heard the news about Jian Qingli.

At Jian Qingli's wedding, her ex-boyfriend, Bi Jialiang, publicly exposed intimate photos of the two of them together.

The wedding was then called off on the spot, and the two families were disgraced.

Jian Qingli couldn't take the blow and the humiliation. She chose to end her young life.

"We're classmates and neighbours. I should remind her, lest she falls into the abyss and ends up in a miserable state." Li Chengqian glanced at Jian Qingli. She was tall, had a curvaceous figure, fair skin, and beautiful facial features. She was indeed a great beauty.

"I heard that Jian Qingliu and Bi Jialiang got together in their third year of high school."

"The students who attended the wedding said that the video and photos were taken at the end of the college entrance examination."

"As long as Jian Qingli heeds my advice, her future tragedy will not happen. At least her life will not end in tragedy." Li Chengqian collected his thoughts and focused his energy on memorizing the words.

"Jian Qingli, come out for a moment!" a boy with a mischievous smile shouted from outside the classroom. He had a layered haircut and was wearing ripped jeans with a white shirt.

"It's Bi Jialiang!"

"I heard that Bi Jialiang has been wooing Jian Qingli recently," a girl said sourly.