Chapter 17- Tension & lucky charms

(🎶 Ministry of Magic)

The day has come. Alula didn't sleep at all in these last nights. Early in the morning, they are up. In the last days, the Professor prepared her for everything she had to go through.

"You are pale like a ghost, Miss Black. You need to eat something or at least drink some tea" he says worriedly. "I feel sick" she whispers. "I know. I know it's hard, and you are nervous, but I am there, and Professor Dumbledore is there, and your brother is there as well. There is no need to give yourself a hard time. Please drink some tea" he says, crouching in front of her and giving her a cup.

With shaky hands, she takes the cup and takes a view sips. "Better?" he asks. She nods. "I thought so...." he says and sits down beside the girl. 'She doesn't have to know, I put Pepper Up Potion in there...' he thinks. He knows that the girl didn't sleep at all and needed some strength.

"May I have another cup" she asks, feeling better instantly. "Sure, here you go" he smiles and pours hear another one, this time without the potion. She downs this cup and looks up at him.

"Ready... I believe" she whispers. "You are, I promise everything will be fine" he whispers and takes her hand. She swallows before standing up with him and follows her Professor to the chimney.

"Take a deep breath for me" he says and looks deep in her teary eyes. She breathes in heavily and exhales loudly. "Good" he praises. Then pulls her with him inside the chimney.

He takes a bit of floo powder and speaks the words 'Ministry of Magic' clearly. Green flames appear, and they are spun around in the tight chutes.

Shaken up, they land in one of the many chimneys in the giant entrée of the ministry. The many people and large vault with black marble tiles are one of the most impressing things Alula has ever seen.

"Take my hand, please, Alula

"Take my hand, please, Alula. I don't want to lose you in this crowd. We have to register at the reception. If you should lose me, go to a side and stay where you are. I will come back to find you." he explains swiftly. "Yes, Sir" she whispers. "Look at me" he orders, "We can do this together! You don't have to be afraid. Nobody wants to harm you. All of them want what is best for you. Don't worry" he reassures her. Alula nods.

He puts a strand of hair back behind her ear and smiles at her before taking her hand again and pulling her gently with him.

"Wand" is all the grumpy man on the reception says. "Put it there" Snape explains while laying his own wand on the counter. "Here are your visitor badges. The trial will start in half an hour. You are expected on the 10th floor." he says with no emotions in his voice. They take their wands back, put their badges on and climb in one of the lifts.

"Floor?" the lift boy asks. "10th please, thank you" Alula answers. They go down. "9th floor- Department of Mysteries" a voice booms. Alula looks confused at the boy. "The lift only goes up to here. You need to take the stairs" he explains. "Thank you" she says and takes the hand of her future guardian once again.

After going down to the 10th floor, they meet Professor Dumbledore in front of the large courtroom. "Ah, there you are" he greets them with a warm smile. "Professor" Alula answers with the usual bow of her head. "How are you, Miss Black?" he asks. "Today not so well, but otherwise everything is alright" she explains with a shaky voice. "Do you want to sit down. You look a bit pale" he asks. Alula just nods.

The three of them sit down on a bench. "Here, take some dextrose. The muggles use them to push their cycle a bit. It will help" Snape offers. "Thanks, Sir" she smiles halfheartedly. "Just breathe. You will be fine. You are safe" he whispers and pets her back for a while. "What if they put me in the orphanage?" she asks with tears in her eyes.

"They won't. We will take care of it" Dumbledore speaks up. She nods. She wipes her tears and takes some deep breaths. "I brought something for you" Dumbledore smiles and gives her an envelope.

"Thanks, Sir" she smiles as she recognizes Violett's handwriting. "You have enough time to read it" he assures.

Dear Ali,

all of us are keeping our fingers crossed for you. They will choose the right thing. For some extra fortune, we put a little lucky charm in here for you.

Missing you and hoping to hear good news

Jocelynn, Violett and Lev

Alula looks in the envelope again. There is a silver bracelet with a pendant of a bear in the edge of the paper. The young witch smiles and looks at it for a while. 'Ursa Major the great bear 'she laughs to herself.

She puts it on and looks at it constantly. "I think your friends know you pretty well" Snape whispers. She nods. "If all of that is over, I will send them bracelets with the shells I picked a view days ago" she says. "That's a good idea" he smiles.

She freezes as they are called up. "We are with you. Do what they say and answer truthfully" he whispers, before kissing her hair. Professor Dumbledore goes first, Alula follows and behind her walks Professor Snape, who is putting a hand on her shoulder to calm her down.

They sit on the benches of the giant, dark auditorium. Alula watches all the witches and wizards in blue robes sitting and waiting for the trial to start. She hardly swallows and leans into the touch of her professor.