Chapter 15- The beach

(🎶 Farewell Aragog/ Buckbeak's Flight )

"What's wrong?" he asks as the Professor sees her face. "It's a ruin" she stutters in disbelieve. "At least the muggles think so..." he grins. "Doesn't nobody say anything when they see you're living in a ruin?" she asks. "I am in Hogwarts most of the year. And when I do come home, I am flooing..." he explains. Alula just nods.

Obviously satisfied with the answer, she turns back around. They walk down a little hill and come to a remote country road. In silence, the wizards are following her until they reach a steep, sandy stone staircase. Now they can see over the sand dunes. A lovely, small and quiet beach comes to view.

The black haired witch can hear the murmur of the stormy sea and some seagulls. A cold breeze hits her face, and she just enjoys the salty air for a moment. "Do you want to get closer?" he whispers. She nods instantly.

He chuckles before starting to climb down the stairs. Paying attention to every step he takes and to the teenager behind him. Alula immediately starts to run. Without stopping, without a goal, she just keeps going. She laughs and feels free like she used to a long time ago.

But she remembers to look behind her. Fortunately, her Professor is only a view meter behind her. She waits for him. "May I walk along the water?" she asks. "Sure, but please don't go too deep in and don't get wet all over. I don't want you to get sick" he says.

Alula nods, takes off her shoes and starts to run in the spume, holding up her dress. She squeals as the icy water hits her feet. She takes a view steps back to give her feet a break and starts walking on the wet sand, where a bit of water catches her from time to time.

She finds some shells. Right away, she thinks of her friends and puts them in the pocket of her dress to send them some with a letter.

Again she looks for her teacher. He had sat down on a little bench in the sun in front of a dune. She searches for some more shells before going back to him, enjoying every step in the warm sand. Puffed, she sits down beside him and closes her eyes, stretching her face toward the sun.

"Alula, I want to talk to you about something...." Snape starts cautious. The girl opens her eyes to look at him. "As you know, Professor Dumbledore wants me to be your guardian. To complete this procedure legally, we need the permission of the Wizengamot and the support of your family. This means we also have to convince your brother, that this is the best way for you..." he explains.

Alula doesn't say anything, just listens to him. "I understand if it is too early for you or if you prefer another solution..."he starts. "Please" she whispers. Questioningly, he looks at the girl. "Please, don't leave me. I like to live with you. Please, I promise I'll do better" she begs with tears in her eyes.

"No, no, no Miss Black. Stop crying. That's not what I meant. I am never leaving you, if you don't want me to. I just didn't want to overwhelm you. I am your Professor after all, I can't force you to accept me as your guardian...." he calms her, putting an arm around her and pets her back.

"Shhh, take some deep breaths.... good" he helps her to calm down. She wipes away her tears. "I am so thankful that you are there for me. I know I can be difficult sometimes, and I really try not to be, but I know that I need somebody to be there for me and teach me new things and to even correct me if I am bad" she starts.

"You are not bad, just naughty sometimes" he brings in. "And I think that I am ready for it. Then we can concentrate on schoolwork and Hogwarts again. And nobody can take me away from you."she whispers the last part, but he can still hear it. "Alright, then we will do it in the next few days, but I need to know, that you are sure and prepared for this stress" he sums up. "One hundred percent sure" she says. He smiles on that. "It's settled then" he says.

The two of them sit there for a little while longer. "I think we should go back" he says. Alula nods. She puts her shoes back on her now dry feet and follows him upstairs again. They walk along the country road and back up the hill. Before entering the protective wall, they watch closely for any muggles.

Once again, Alula is hit by the strange feeling as she crosses the frontier. Back inside, Snape changes to his black cloak again and feels much more comfortable. "I will make dinner" he announces. Alula searches for Castor and brings him down with her. She sits in the kitchen with him on her lap and watches her Professor making egg salat.

She starts to set the table. They eat their sandwiches in peace. Alula does the dishes and Snape cleans the kitchen like they always do. "Thanks for the dinner. It was excellent" she smiles and yawns two seconds later. "I am glad you enjoyed. You seem to be tired, why don't you go get ready and start to read your book. I will say good night to you when it is bedtime" he says.

"Yes, Sir "she says and takes Castor with her.

When the Professor looks after her, she lays already in bed. Deeply lost in a book. "Miss Black, it's bedtime" he says, coming into the room. "Already? Only five more minutes?" she asks. "It's ten pm. You need some rest. You can read your book again tomorrow" he says and stretches out a hand for the book.

A bit sad, she gives it to him. "Don't pout, you have enough time to read tomorrow. But now I want you to get some rest" he says, pulling the covers over her. "I will let your fairy lights on" he says, turning the light off. "Sleep well" he whispers. "Good Night, Professor" she says and turns to the side.

He smiles and closes the door quietly. 'She wants me to care for her' he smiles to him self, getting to bed as well.