Chapter 19- Wizengamot II

(🎶 Statues)

"Just so you understand, the next option for her is the orphanage, Mister Black" the chairwoman makes clear. "Better muggles, than Death Eaters" he spits out. Now crying, Alula looks at her Professors for help. "Miss Black, you seem to be affected by what he is saying, do you want to tell us how you feel about his decision?" Miss Bones asks. "I-I think he shouldn't have a say in this at all" she says with shaky voice.

"Can you carry this out further?" "I AM YOUR BROTHER!!!!!"Sirius screams. Alula huffs at that and stands up. "I was six years old, when you ran away. And you never came back. Not when Dad died, not when Regulus died. You didn't care. You left me alone with Mom, even though you knew how she could be. You knew it, and you didn't come and get me. You didn't answer any of my letters, and you didn't want to talk to Professor Dumbledore when Mum died. You knew, that I was all alone... You didn't care... You never did.... So the only egoistic coward I see in this room, is you!" she says without holding her emotions back anymore.

She lets herself fall down on the bench and sobs hardly. "Shhh, you did it" Snape whispers, giving her a handkerchief and petting her back.

"Ahh, before I forget... I have the statement of Narcissa Malfoy with me. She is the cousin of Alula, but can't be here today. She already visited both of them and saw them in action"Dumbledore distracts from the obvious elephant in the room. "Well we are going to take it into account in our decision" says Miss Bones.

"Great, the next Death Eater"Sirius jokes. "She was there for me at least" Alula retorts. "She doesn't do it for your sake, grow up, Alula!" he declares. "I beg your pardon? You are the one, who chooses an old childhood conflict over your own sister. I think, I am more grown up than you are" she counters with no mercy.

"I believe we heard all opinions... we will consult now" she announces.

Sirius is brought in another room and the Professors and Alula go back in the hall and sit on the bench, they sat on before. "How are you feeling, Miss Black?" Dumbledore asks friendly. "I don't know... odd?" she answers, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Can I offer you a lemon drop?"he asks. "I am afraid it won't stay inside" she indicates.

They smile at her paraphrase. "Professor?" she begins. "Hm?" "What happened between you and Siri?" she asks. "That's a long story..." he answers, looking deeply in her green eyes. Alula sights.

"Miss Bones is very competent. I admit she has a rather strict surface, but she is really fair and caring. She will make the right decision. The gamot stands behind her and, not to sound arrogant, behind me as well..." Dumbledore comforts the upset girl.

"Okay" she whispers. Her thoughts are interrupted by the blow of the hammer. Everything around her is blurry as she walks back in.

"Please raise" a man declares. Everybody stands up."The Wizengamot decided to give Severus Snape the guardianship of Alula Gemma Black..."Miss Bones announces. "Are you fucking kidding me???" yells an upset Sirius. Alula freezes, just hearing a loud beeping in her ears. She sees people talking, but doesn't hear sounds. She can't breathe.

Everything around her turns. Her breast gets heavier with every breath. Her legs don't hold her any longer. She tumbles to the side and hits on the ground hardly.

The next thing she sees, is her Professor leaning over her. "Alula, look at me! You need to breathe... do it with me in...... and out..... in....... and out....." he says tapping her face to keep her awake. "You're doing great... just breathe" he praises her.

The time stands still at this moment. Alula stares at his black eyes and tries to get a hold. Her breath starts to normalize. "Remember? Tell me five things you can see" he whispers. "T-tiles, wo-wood, chains, robes, stairs" she enumerates slowly. "Very well. Breathe" he whispers. "Do you want to sit up?" he asks. She nods.

He helps her sit down on the bench. A glass of pumpkin juice is put in her hand. "Thanks" she says with a husky voice. "Not a problem at all" Miss Bones smiles. "Are you feeling a bit better?" she asks. Alula nods. "Did you eat something today?" she asks. Alula shakes her head. "I couldn't... but Professor Snape tried..." "Okay, that's alright. I understand that it was an exciting day for you"

"Do you think you can handle what I wanted to add?" she asks. Alula nods. "Well, if Professor Snape wants to and the two of you feel comfortable, Professor Snape is allowed to adopt you, without this whole process, but only if you want to of course...." she explains. Now Alula stares at him in disbelieve.

"If you do this, you aren't my sister anymore" Sirius threatens. "Gentlemen, I think someone needs to leave this courtroom" Miss Bones says with a dominant voice. Two guards grind out a fuming Sirius. "Die, Snivellus!" Tearing up again, she leans onto her professor and cries.

"Severus, she needs rest. You need to bring her home." Dumbledore says.

The man in black ropes nods and escorts Alula out of the auditorium. With the help of the headmaster, they disapparate back to Prince Manor.

Gently he lays her down on the bed. "We did it, and you were so brave.... I am proud of you" he praises. "But Siri hates me" she cries. "He will calm down eventually, he is as stubborn as you are..... For now, you need rest... can you try to close your eyes for me?" he says.

Without any strength left in her body, the young witch closes her eyes and falls asleep. Snape stays by her side and just watches her sleep peacefully for a bit, before leaving the room, to lay down himself.