Chapter 11- Legilimency

(🎶 Tewkesbury's Trail)

Quick the black haired witch wipes away her tears and clears her throat. "Come in" she says loud enough for him to hear.

He comes in and freezes. "Oh, you really did redesign it..." he says. Alula can't identify if he finds it good or not. She is a little scared, so she stutters nervously, "Y-yes, Sir... Y-you said I could... But if you don't like it, I can turn it back to his old shape....".

"No need for it... I like it... I was just a little surprised how fast you did it... If you feel more comfortable with this look I am totally fine with it as long as you keep it clean and watch after it" he explains.

"Of course, Professor" she says, a little proud, that she could impress the dungeon master. "Well, that wasn't what I came here for originally. I wanted to ask you if you are alright? I know the letter came from your friends... you miss them, aren't you?" he asks.

"Yeah, a little... they seem to miss me too" she says and blushes a little. "I see... I noticed the Davies boy has his eyes on you" he says. Alula turns red like a tomato.

"Y-you noticed?" she asks in disbelief. "Of course, what kind of guardian would I be if I wouldn't observe the relationships of my ward?" Snape asks amused.

Alula swallows hardly. "Oh no, Miss Black... I am not going to intervene your privacy... I was fiftheen once too, " he says.

"I think I like him... but I am not sure.... Have you ever been in love, Professor?" she asks. "Oh, yes, Miss Black. Once, she was the most gorgeous and kindest woman I knew... I hurt her a lot... it is too late to make it up" he says, so heartbroken that Alula is really concerned about the normally inscrutable potions master.

"It's never too late" she whispers. "I am afraid it is" he says with a deep sigh and glassy eyes. He clears his throat and builds up his walls again. "That doesn't matter anymore. I just want you to be careful to who you give your heart to, Alula" he says in a fatherly tone. She nods.

"I want you to get ready for bed. You can read for a little while or do something relaxing that you prefer...in three quarters of an hour it's lights out... I will come again to say good night to you" he says. "Yes Professor" the girl answers.

After Snape leaves the room, she gets ready for bed. She reads, indeed, in one of her books. Castor snuggles on to her and gets a few pets over his pitch-black fur. He purrs content.

Faster than expected, her door opens again. "It's ten PM, Miss Black. Time to sleep" he says, while stretching out his hand for the book. Reluctantly, she gives it to him, even though she wanted to read for a little longer.

"You can read it again tomorrow, Alula. But now you need some sleep" he says, puts the book back on the shelf and comes near her again. Gently he covers her up. "Sleep well, Miss Black" he says. "Good night, Professor" she says with a little yawn and closes her eyes.

The Professor can't help but smile. He turns off the light, leaving a night light for her, and closes the door quietly behind him.

In the middle of the night, the Professor is woken up by loud screams and cries. Tired, he sits up. A little confused.

But his gaze falls on the little Bouquet of flowers, and suddenly he remembers the young girl in her room, he jumps up.

He opens the door and sees the witch curling around in her bed. A nightmare again. He walks up to her and whispers: "Alula it's just a dream. You are safe. Shh".

But she doesn't calm down. She cries harder. He can't wake her.

He has to do something, so he uses legilimency to enter her dream. He sees her standing there shaking of fear. He walks to her, "Miss Black... don't be afraid... it's just me. You are having a nightmare. Come with me. You need to wake up" he explains to her and shows her to her personal excit.

He waits for her to wake up. A view seconds later, she sits up and takes a deep breath.

"Oh my god, y-you w-were in my h-head" she stutters. "I am sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you. You wouldn't wake up. I wanted to make sure you are alright." he explains.

"Well... thank you Professor... But how?" she asks. "It's called legilimency. It's the power to enter the mind. The contrary is occlumency, to protect your mind from legilimency. It's not easy to learn," he states.

Alula listens to him. A Thousand new thoughts and questions run through her head.

"Miss Black, it still in the middle of the night... you need rest... Is there something you want before you go to sleep?" he asks. "No, thank you... I am sorry I woke you up" she says flustered.

"It's alright... then rest well Alula" he says and leaves her room. 'I should stay near her, but I can't' he thinks as she sits on his bed again.

Alula stares at the door, where her teacher disappeared from. She feels lonely. Castor licks on her hands to show her that he is here.

He snuggles on her and Alula lays down and falls back asleep, listening to his purring.