Chapter 6- Guardian

(🎶Professor Umbridge)

After school, Alula goes to Snapes office. She swallows hard before she knocks on the door. A snarky "Come in" sounds. Slowly she opens the door and gets in. She closes the door behind her.

"Professor" she whispers. "Ah, Miss Black. Today I want you to write a four-foot essay about the danger of leaving the dormitory in the middle of the night and how to think of better alternatives instead. You may begin. I have to control some exams, so I expect you to stay quiet, understood?" he explains. "Yes, Sir" she answers, sits herself on one of the old chairs, gets a parchment and her feather and starts to write.

Occasionally she looks up to check if he observes her. But he doesn't. At least not that Alula notices.

After two hours, Snape finally finishes. "Are you ready, Miss Black?" he asks. Alula freezes. "N-No S-Sir" she stutters nervously. "Well, then you know what is your tasks tomorrow. I want you to eat dinner and then go to sleep if you don't have homework to do" he says. Alula just nods.

"Is the potion helping?" he asks, nearly friendly. Alula is shocked but gets a hold of her self fast. "Yes, Professor. Thank you. Have a good night, Sir" she says. "Good Night, Miss Black" he answers. Alula just storms out of there as fast as she can.

The next afternoon goes by like the one before. The other times she has to clean dirty kettles, cut slimy stuff and one time has to go out with him to find some ingredients.

The month passes by rather quickly. "Miss Black, your punishment is over. I hope you learned your lesson" he says after Alula just cut the last root.
"Yes, Professor" she says.

"Are you still taking the potion" Snape asks. "Yes, Sir" she answers. "You need to try to lower the use or the effect is going to go lose. Try to eat enough, I noticed that you don't and get some fresh air before dinner. I am sure it will help" he says. "I will try. Thanks, Professor" she says and leaves.

But Alula doesn't try. She just can't. Finally, she can sleep without worry and she doesn't have to cry anymore. She doesn't eat much, because she isn't hungry. She feels lonely, but doesn't want anyone to notice. She doesn't cry, because she is strong, even though it would help, but she just can't. Sleep is the last thing she has and won't loose it. So she continues to take the potion.

A view weeks later, the potion doesn't work anymore. Alula just can't fall asleep. Every night, she sits in the common room and reads. Castor sleeps on her most of the time, so she isn't alone.

But this isn't good for her. Alula doesn't sleep, doesn't eat, just works or reads. She gets thiner and thiner and really pail.

She faints away slowly, without somebody noticing. Well, at least she thinks so. Her friends notice and go to Professor Snape for help. He notices. The headmaster notices, but nobody knows what to do. Every time they ask, she says she is fine and not to worry.

One night she downs the whole bottle, but it doesn't work either. Alula can hold her facade only for so long. She eventually faints in the hallway. They bring her to the hospital wing and wait for her to awake.

She opens her eyes slowly and blinks a view times to see where she is. She sits up and only notices then the people around her bed.

"Oh, Alula. Thank god! Why didn't you say something?" Violett says upset and hugs her tied. Then Jocelynn hugs her. She starts to play with her fingers, so she doesn't have to look at the faces of her professors.

Now Madame Pomfrey enters the room. "Girls, time to go. She needs some rest" she says. "Miss Black, I don't think I have to tell you how reckless this was. You didn't eat or sleep and had an overdose of a sleep potion" she scolds. "You are lucky, I could fix the overdose" she explains.

"I will leave you with the Professors for now. But please don't overwhelm her, Sirs" she says and goes to her office.

"Look at me, Miss Black, this is awfully rude!" Snape says angry. Alula carefully looks up, tears in her eyes. "I am so disappointed in you. You lied right to my face. Do you even realize that you could have killed yourself! Just because you are too stubborn to ask for help. We all sympathize with you and your situation, but this isn't an excuse to behave like this. You are just as proud, stubborn and foolhardy as your brother. But don't worry, I will drive it out of you." He screames. Alula just sobs.

"Severus, please don't" the headmaster starts. "NO.... She is one of my snakes. So I am responsible for her." he interrupts the headmaster then turns back to Alula" You are lucky I am not your guardian yet. You would find yourself over my lap. " Snape is venting.

This quickly gets Alulas attention. "Yet?" she asks gingerly. Dumbledore sits down on her bed with a sigh. " Yes Alula. You just showed us, that you can't life alone. So we had to find a guardian for you. We decided on Professor Snape... I wanted to tell you in the next days" he explains calmly.

"Pardon?" Alula asks shocked. "You heard right, Miss Black. Believe me, I am not thrilled either. But clearly you need someone to take care of you and give you a good hiding, if necessary." Snape states.

Alula just stares at him. She doesn't say anything. Just sits and stares. "Get some rest, Miss Black. Sleep tight, Good Night!" Dumbledore whispers and takes Snape out with him.

Alula lays down and stares at the ceiling. She cries herself to sleep, after Madame Pomfrey checked on her again.