Chapter 5- Ursa Major

(🎶 The Resurrection Stone)

Kreacher does his best to organize the funeral. On 4th of January, the day came. Alula put on an all black outfit. Together they go to the cemetery, where the funeral service takes place. They are alone. They sit in front of the undertaker and listen to his speech.

They bring the coffin to the grave. Alula and Kreacher sprinkle flowers and earth in it and pray. After the funeral, Alula stays at the grave. She brushes over the tombstone of the family grave. She cries.

Alula didn't expect anyone to come. Her mother didn't have many friends. She was a difficult woman. Because of Sirius, many wizards were scared of the Blacks. And Narcissa had excused herself in the morning. The little Draco was sick, so they couldn't come.

Alula speaks one last prayer before she swallows any emotions down again, places a bouquet of flowers there and turns away from the grave. There he stands again in a dark cloak. Dumbledore.

Alula goes to him. "Sir" she says with a bow. "Again Miss Black, my sympathies" he says. "Thank you, Professor" she answers. "Do you want to go on a walk with me?" he asks. "Sure, Sir." She says. She turns to Kreacher. "Please go ahead home and make us some tea and something to eat" she orders. "Yes, Mistress" he says and disapparates.

Professor Dumbledore and Alula walk back. "I have to say, that your strength impresses me, Miss Black" he confesses. Alula blushes. "Do you have a plan on how you want to go on?" he asks. "Kreacher will have to stay in Grimmauld-Place as long as I am in Hogwarts, but I am going to write him, so he isn't lonely." she explains.

Dumbledore doesn't say anything. They walk back in silence. Then they sit down in the parlor and talk about trivial stuff. A few hours later, Dumbledore says goodbye and leaves Alula alone.

She has to do some homework, so she concentrates on that. The days pass by and Alula returns to Hogwarts. She doesn't talk much to anyone. She does her schoolwork, eats and goes to bed early, even though she can't sleep.

In the middle of the night, she sneaks out to the astronomy tower. She watches the stars. In her family, it's tradition that the Names are given after constellations. Alula is the name of a star, too. It's part of the constellation Ursa Major. It calms her to know that they are there, although she can't see them.

In the Morning, the Slytherins are called up to a meeting in the common room. Professor Snape is already there, waiting for his students. It becomes quite quickly. They all are a little scared. He looks through the crowd.

"I am not pleased to inform you that someone of you breaks our school rules. I won't tolerate this sneaking around the castle in the middle of the night any longer. If it isn't an emergency, all of you are to stay in bed, after night's rest. I want the responsible student to face me by the end of the day, or every one of you will suffer the consequences. Am I clear?" he states.

"Yes, Sir" sounds in the general murmur. Snape leaves with swinging cloak. Now the whispering starts. Alula feels sick in her stomach. She sits down in one of the large armchairs and thinks about, what she should do. She doesn't want the others to be punished for her actions.

After her classes, she paves her way to the dungeons. Nervously, she steps up and down in front of Snapes office. She takes a deep breath and knocks on the door. "Come in" sounds from the snarky voice.

"Miss Black? What are you doing down here?" he asks. Alula lowers her head. She doesn't lift her eyes of the ground. "Sir, I-I am here.... b-because I-I am the one who sneaks out every night. I am sorry, Sir. " She whispers. Alula waits for his scolding, but it didn't come.

"I didn't mean any harm. I just need some air and the stars. Honestly, I am not sleeping well since...." she explains. "But I know this isn't an excuse for me breaking the rules, so I accept any punishment that you give me, Professor." the black-haired witch declares.

"I will not make any exceptions, because of your situation. It would be unfair compared to the others. So you will have detention for a month. You will clean kettles and help me prepare potions"he says.

"Of course, Sir" Alula whispers. "But I understand your struggle.... so I have something for you" he says and gives her a bottle. "With that, you should be able to sleep. Just a view drops right before you go to sleep" he says. "Thanks, Professor" she says with disbelief.

 "Thanks, Professor" she says with disbelief

"Go now. I hope I don't have to explain, what will happen if I catch you out of bed! I will see you tomorrow" he dismisses her. "Understood, Professor. Enjoy your afternoon, Sir. Goodbye" she says and nearly runs out of there.

She goes outside to enjoy the sun for a little while. She sits with her friends, but doesn't talk much. After Dinner, she goes to bed. Just as Snape said, she takes a view drops and falls in a dreamless sleep with Castor nearby her side.