Chapter 1- September 1st 1984

(🎶Epilogue/Hogwarts' Hymn)

When the train finally arrives, she is looking a long time for a free compartment. She passes the compartment of her friends, because she wants to be alone, but every time she passes a full one with her other classmates in it, she could hear whispering about her and her family. It was heartbreaking, but she had to stay strong. After all, she was a pure-blooded witch of one of the greatest families Great Britains, the Blacks.

Yeah, you heard right. This young witch is Alula Black, daughter of Orion and Walburga Black and little sister of Regulus and Sirius Black. And maybe now you can tell that her life isn't easy. But she was more than capable to hide it behind a strong and well-mannered surface.

As she comes further, Alula discovers a compartment which isn't full, so she gets in it and makes herself comfortable on the leather bench. She starts to stare out of the window. Suddenly the door is opened. Alula turns her head to the side and sees a young girl, which looks a little scared.

"Excuse me, m-may I sit here? I couldn't f-find any other free compartment" she explains shyly. "The first-graders have their own compartments. You need to stay there" answers Alula a little annoyed. "Oh, I-i am sorry. I didn't m-meant to bother you" stutters the little girl.

'Don't be like this. You are older, you need to help' So Alula stands up, closes the compartment, so nobody can get into it, while she is gone. She puts her hand out for the girl and leads her to the right section. On the way, she meets a prefect. She gives the little girl to him, says her goodbyes and gets back to her compartment, where it is quiet and peaceful.

The black haired witch takes out one of her schoolbooks and begins to read in the first chapters, so she would be prepared for the next year. Her schoolwork was already finished. She did that in the vacations because she didn't have to do something else. Her mother wouldn't let her out of the house anyway. And to pass her vacation with her mother and the crazy house elf, wasn't something she enjoyed.

Shortly before the train arrives, Alula puts on her cloak and the green and silver tie. She is a Slytherin and her parents are proud of it. Except for her brother Sirius they have a long row of Slytherins in this family.

As always, Hagrid leads the first-graders to the boats. The older students take carriages that are drawn by Thestrales. Alula sits in a carriage with some other Slytherins. They are going together to the Great Hall and sit at the Slytherin table on the left side of the hall.

She is surrounded by purebloods. This group is the elite or better they consider them self as one. Alula doesn't really care which blood status somebody has, but that is something that you should keep for yourself. They value her, or at least they pretend to do.

They are friends. They can trust each other, but everybody tries to be better than the others. It's something they like. Often they are even happy for the other, even if it doesn't seem to be Slytherin like. Because "In Slytherin you still know how to combine cunning and deceit, but you will still find real friends" says the Sorting Hat.

Speaking of him, the first-graders come in, leaded by Professor McGonnagal. They are really excited and nervous. When the first one is called up, it becomes quiet. Everybody waits for the results and when the Sorting Hat screams "Gryffindor!" the middle right table cheers loudly.

After a while, the little girl is called. Her name is Olivia. Alula observes everything. She knows Olivia's house already, it was rather obvious to her. And a second later, the Sorting Head shouts, "Hufflepuff!". Alula has to grin. Olivia looks at her. She claps and bows her head a little. Olivia grins and sits on her table, where she is greeted by the friendly Hufflepuffs.

Then they are a few Snakes for their house. Now they cheer all for them. Alula almost thought there weren't any this year. There were so many Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs. But now everybody seems to be content. Even the Slytherin Headteacher, Professor Snape.

After the usual speech of the headmaster and some explanations, rules and warnings for the first-graders, the feast begins. Like always, there is a giant buffet with any unhealthy stuff a young wizard or witch could wish for.

Alula takes some mashed potato, some chicken and green beans to have a balanced meal and allows herself a little bit of her favourite dessert, Chocolate Pumpkin and ice cream.

Later that evening, they go to their dormitories. Alula is paired with two other girls, Violett and Jocelynn. She gets along with them, so she is happy. They unpack and tell each other about their holidays. Alula writes a short letter to her mother that she had arrived safely and everything was fine, so her mother was soothe. Her black cat castor lays lazily on her bed and wants to be scratched. He lets out a satisfied purr.

Half an hour before night's rest, all Slytherins are called into the common room. Behind their prefects stands, like evermore in black ropes, Professor Snape. He only worked as a teacher at Hogwarts for 4 years, but he managed to have his Snakes under control and had built a solid and definitely frightening reputation.

He crosses his arms and lets his eyes wander over his students. "To be in Slytherin is a privilege. Don't you dare sully my or the reputation of this house. I expect perfect results and the house cup. I will not tolerate laziness, impolite behaviour or disorder. Every false step will have consequences and I personally will take care of your punishment, believe me you don't want this, so better behave yourself! If you need help, ask your prefects, especially first years. And now to bed! If I catch anyone out of bed, we have a problem!" he explains.

Everyone swallows hardly and goes to bed.

Alula can't sleep at first, but when Castor cuddles on her, she falls in a dreamless sleep.