Chapter 3- Sincere condolences

(🎶 Harry&Hermione)
The weeks pass and turn into months without anything special happening. But in the last week before Christmas, Alula is called to the headmaster's office. Nervous and confused, she makes her way through the giant floors of Hogwarts.

She stands in front of the entrée. It's a grand gargoyle. She doesn't know the password, so she whispers: "Please, let me in. I was called up here". And for her disbelieve, the gargoyle turns, and a spiral staircase comes to light.

Gently, she climbs up the stairs and stands in front of a dark wooden door. With the door knock, which has the form of a griffin, Alula knocks. A loud but friendly "Come in"sounds from none other than Professor Dumbledore. After taking a big deep breath, she goes inside.

Stiff, she stands there. "Ah, Miss Black. Good to see you" he cheers. "Professor Dumbledore" she answers with a slight bow of her head. "Please take a seat! Do you want some lemon candy?" he says with a warm smile. "No, thanks Professor" she answers firmly and takes a seat at the stool at the front of the large desk.

"Well, how are you. Are you enjoying the school year so far?" he asks interested. "Thanks, Sir. I am fine and glad to be here" she answers truthfully. Then an awkward silence falls.

"Sir? I don't want to be impolite, but may I ask why you have called for me?" she asks nervously. "I would like to know that too" a snarky voice says. Alula freezes. "Ah, Severus. Please take a seat. Can I get you something?" he starts again. "Good evening, Sir " Alula whispers, just loud enough, so he could hear it. She gets an icy stare. " What did you do?" he mouths.

On that, her eyes get big. Alula didn't do anything. Uncomfortably, she crouches herself even more. If she hadn't such self-control her foot would have started tipping up and down. But she could stay calm. At least on the outside.

"First of all you did absolutely nothing wrong. But I am honest with you, I have some bad news. I regret to inform you, that your mother passed away a few hours ago. My sincere condolences" he explains with a sympathetic look.

Alula just stares at him. For a moment, her outer wall begins to crumble. Quickly, she swallows any emotions and puts on her facade. "Thank you, Professor" she speaks. "Do you know what happened to her, Sir?" she asks. "Your house elf informed me. I can assure you it was quick and painless. Of course, you don't have to go to your classes for a while. Please take your time. Come to me if you need help with anything. I am sure anyone would help you. I hope it was okay with you, that I gave the tasks to your house elf." Dumbledore says calmly. "Yeah, of course, Sir. Thank you. Has he informed everybody?" Alula asks. "He said so." he answers.

"I am sorry Professor, but I have to ask for a favour.... C-...Could you please make sure that Bellatrix and, more important, Sirius are informed. That would mean a lot to me. If it doesn't inconvenience you too much, of course." she nearly pleads. "Of course, dear" he encourages her. "Thank you, Professor".

"I think it's best if you get some rest. Do you want to go to the hospital wing. I am sure Madam Pomfrey could get you some "Dreamless-Sleep-Potion" he asks. "No, I think I am fine. If it doesn't bother you I would also prefer to go to my classes, so I have some distraction" she answers politely.

"As you wish. But please Miss Black don't make it difficult on yourself" he states. She just nods. "Good Night, Headmaster" she says. "Professor" she bows a little to Snape. And goes out of there. She runs up to the owlery and writes a letter to Kreacher, the house elf. Now without holding her tears any more.

With shaking hands, she writes:

"Dear Kreacher,

I know this is just as hard for you as for me. I beg of you, please take good care of her and that everything is made fast and honourable, as she deserves. Thanks for staying with her. I am sure she was glad about it. I am coming home soon.

Sincerely

Alula "

After that, she sends him with an owl to Grimmauld-Place.

In the meanwhile, Professor Snape sits down in front of the headmaster. 'Poor girl' he thinks, but gives himself a rebuke, because he remembers, who her older brother is. "How do we handle this, Albus?" he asks.

" She is too young to life alone. The usual way are relatives. She only has her cousin Narcissa, but they have the little Draco, and I don't think it's good for her to life with them. Then there is Andromeda, but the relationship with her family is very difficult. The next option is an orphanage...." Dumbledore answers with a sigh.

"Isn't there another solution? What about the house elf? They are capable.." Severus states. "I know they are, but Kreacher went insane. He can take care of the house, but not of Alula. She is still a teenager. She needs love and affection, education and rules" the headmaster explains.

"We have to do something!" Severus expresses shocked. "Honestly, I didn't expect you would care this much..." Dumbledore confesses amused. Snape puts his facade on again. "I don't. She is one of my snakes, and not a bad one either. I just don't want her talent to go to waste." he explains calmly. "Of course" Dumbledore smiles.

"There is one other solution.." Dumbledore says thoughtful. Inwardly, Severus is excited but can hold his facade on the outside. So he waits calmly for the headmaster to finish his sentence.

...we have to find someone, who wants to take care of her."