Part 44

"Your honor, In previous hearing.. The defense said, the accused share relationship with my client.. Even presented documentary evidence to prove my client eloped before her wedding to be with the accused.. And whatever happened between them was consensual.. And today the defense say, my client was abducted by miss Sahay, and the accused assaulted my client under influence of drug.. And all this based on one person's confession? What happened with the so called hand written letters?

The defense Lawyer clench his jaw hearing her, then glanced at Abhimaan. Before he stood up to speak again they heard Presha speak.

"Anyway, Your honor, I'd like to cross examine the Witness..

Presha demanded, the jury granted the permission. Carrying few paper in hand she walked towards the witness stand, and faced Naina Sahay. Who avoided meeting her gaze. Due to her confession she already become malicious women in the eye of people present in court.

"Miss Sahay, what's your motive behind targeting my client at hand of accused?..

"Jealousy and vengeance..

"Kindly elaborate..

"We're business rival.. And the men I love is in love with her so out of jealousy..

"Hm, so what's your motive behind today's confession?..

"Cause I want to redeem myself, ever since i committed the sin, I've not felt a peace of day.. So when I heard about the case I decided to come clean..

Presha gazed at the women, who look timid enough to avoid her gaze, but confident enough to take blame of other's crime. Her reason, her confession truly become turning point of case.

"Your guilty conscience rushed you here to confess Or a beneficial deal?..

Her face went pale at the question, but the defense immediately intervene. Making Presha scoff inwardly she knew the defense did it to give Naina a time to compose herself.

"Objection your honor, Prosecutor is slandering the Witness..

"I'm just questioning the credibility of witnessed confession..

"Objection overrule..

"Thank you your honor..

Expressing her gratitude, Presha snuck glance at defense, then with smile turn towards Naina Sahay. Who look calm and composes enough to answer her.

"Miss Sahay, you've submitted transaction detail, to support the claim that you abducted my client.. But the people who abducted my client doesn't have bank account to receive the cash online.. The trade happen by cash..

"That's..

"The people who abducted my client, confessed of meeting with the assistant of accused, not you or your assistant..Did you bribe him to work for you?.. Or you're taking the blame on behalf of accused for someone or something?..

Stun out of wit, Naina couldn't reply to any of her question, she snuck glance at the audience only to meet gaze with Dipali who nodded at her.

"How long the person could remain under influence of drug which you gave the accused?

"14 hour..

She sneer hearing the answer, she knew they'll increase the time of drug influence, and they did. Hence she glance at Abhimaan who was watching the hearing with expressionless face.

"So under influence of drug he cannot be sober enough to restrain himself?

"Yes..

Point to be noted your honor, the accused under influence of drug can't be sober enough time restrain his lust ans violent temper.. But within few hours later, the accused fix wedding of his sister on the same day after assaulting my client.. Before the defense object, we've submitted the dash cam of vehicle in form of documentary, evidence, in which my client was assaulted by the accused in morning as he drove her to her home...