Chapter 64: The Devil's Trials

"Let's go!" Lucifer kicks at my feet. I stand up slowly and wait for the chains to disappear. They do shortly after and I sluggishly follow the man. It's been 3 days since I got Crowley out. I've been beaten and chained since then. The devil who was trying to be kind disappeared when Crowley did. The devil Dean once described to me is the man I am now following. I follow him for a mile before I fall to my knees of exhaustion for the first time. "Get up" lucifer demands of me.

"Sorry" I mumble out getting back on my feet. 30 minutes later and I fall again. He sighs heavily and I crawl forward to try and get up. I manage to before he says a nothing and continue to follow.

We stop after another 2 miles and I fall against a tree.

"Where are you, you son of a bitch!" I hear Dean yelling into the dark night.

I perk up, if he's here then they must've found Castiel's grace. He's okay. I stand up, using the tree as support. "Dean" I choke out in a whisper when 4 silhouettes begin to appear, I recognize Dean's instantly.

"Lucifer!" Sam calls out as well. They see us and their pace quickens.

"Castiel. I'm glad you got your grace back" lucifer smugly states to his brother.

"What happened to her! What did you do?" Dean lunges forward towards me but I'm trapped then in a cage.

"Metatron" lucifer states in a monotone voice.

"Let her out first" Dean grunts

"What? You don't trust me?" Lucifer grins

"Let's just be done with this" Sam speaks again on edge

"You don't want to do this! I can help you guys, with Paul!" Metatron pleads with the brothers.

Dean takes a step towards lucifer and pushes Metatron forward with an angel blade to his back. When Dean is just a few steps away from him he stops "let her go" he grinds through his teeth. Lucifer waves his hand and the cage around me is gone.

I walk forward and as soon as I pass lucifer Dean pushes Metatron forward into the dirt. I collapse into his arms and he holds me tightly "it's okay" he rubs my back

"Dean" is the only thing I can say. I look over my shoulder and see lucifer staring at me with a smile on his face. I turn my cheek back into deans chest.

"Don't come near my son again!" Dean threatens

"I have everything I need from him" he walks closer to Metatron, putting a foot on his neck "now I need something for you. Stand" he demands to the scribe who pout-fully obliges.

"You'll regret this!" We hear Metatron yell to us as they disappear into the fog.

"Hayden, what did he do to you?" Dean caresses my face.

"Nothing." Cough "I'm fine" I lie to him.

"You're not fine" he says feeling around me "your ribs are broken. Cas, can you?" He looks to the Angel behind him

"Of course" he steps forward. He gets closer to me and his hand lifts near my head. I flinch away, lucifers hand flashes in front of me.

"Stop. I didn't do anything." I cower away

"Hayden. It's okay. You're safe now" Dean steps closer to me, his face close to mine.

"I'm sorry, his hand was close to my face. I saw Lucifer.." I look to Castiel "sorry"

"It's alright. It won't hurt" Castiel says to me.

"We can fix her when she's sleeping. Let's just get out of here" Sam speaks up