Chapter 2: Unknown

I don't see Dean again for a couple more weeks. He comes walking in with 2 other guys. They sit at the bar and I go over to them. Dean will usually get a glass of something straight, like whiskey. I pull out a glass and he looks at me with a glare "3 beers" he says nodding his head to confirm it. I open them and pass them over. I toss the caps into the trash and replace the glass. Dean takes his beer and walks towards the pool table, the other 2 men follow him. Dean only talks to me over the next hour only to order drinks. I get off early and hang around with Dan another bartender who got off early, being slow for a weekday. We play some darts and drink beers. I don't go over to Dean and enjoy the time with my friend. Around last call one of the guys who arrived with Dean comes over to us. He's wearing a trench coat and blue tie.

"You're very beautiful" he says with a slur, passing over a beer. I accept and take a sip with a small smile.

"Thank you" I say blushing in return. He stands there awkwardly. "Wanna shoot with us?" I motion towards the dart board.

"Shoot in here? That doesn't seem safe." He says looking confused.

"Darts, shoot darts. At the dart board." I try to explain. At that moment Dean comes over to we're we are standing.

"Sorry about my friend, he might of had one too many. Let's go Cas!" He says trying to pull him away.

"Wait, what's your name?" He gets out still getting pulled back. I look over at Dean who's not answering

"Hayden" I say smiling to him "thanks for the beer Cas" I get out using the same Dean called him by as they walk out the door. I leave a little while later and start walking home. As I'm walking down the street a bright light shines behind me and pulls up slowly besides me.

"Hey there darling, where you off too?" I hear a voice hollering out of the car. I turn to look and see a man who was at the bar earlier idling behind me. I ignore him and continue walking. "Hey, I'm talking to you!" He hollers out. I start to pick up my walk. I can hear the car behind me still so I put my hand in my purse and switch the safety off of my gun. "Don't ignore me bitch!" The car stops and I hear a door slam. I turn around, swinging my pistol out of the bag and aim towards the car. Just as I aim I see the man getting pushed into his car and knocked onto the ground.

"Watch your mouth, you son of a bitch!" a familiar tone rings out. The man tries to get up but can't. "I better not see your face again" Dean threatens him with one last kick to the stomach. He turns to me and my gun is still raised. He waits for me to lower it and I do. All the while the man crawled back into his car and drove away. I look at him for a moment then turn and start to walk again. "Hey, hold up" he says jogging to catch up to me. I don't slow down and continue on. He catches up and grabs my shoulder to stop me. "Hayden, come on." He says. I turn and look at him not saying anything. "Uhh, you're welcome" he says with a stupid look on his face.

I roll my eyes "I had it handled Dean, but thanks for remembering my name."

"Oh come on, you're mad about the bar?"

"You mean, when you pretended to not know me? I know there's like nothing going on but you really can't make a girl feel any lower then you did" I spit out walking forward some more. "Why are you here anyway?" I turn around walking backward to ask him.

"I was gonna give you a lift home" he answers. "Then I saw that loser following you and took care of it."

"Right. Well I don't need a ride, so yah, see ya at the bar" I turn back around. He continues to follow me.

"I couldn't introduce you to my friends. You don't understand. I wanted to but it's complicated" he tries to explain.

"It's complicated? Right, a simple hey guys this is Hayden, is quite complicated. I see what you mean." We arrive at the steps to my apartment building and I turn to him. "Look, I lived in the city, I know complicated. That's not complicated. I'll see ya around Dean." I say opening the door and going inside. I get inside my apartment, lock the door and go to the window. I watch Dean walk back down the street from where we came from. I make my way into the shower and force thoughts of our 2 nights together out of my head.