Chapter 48: A Fight Among Friends

"Hayden! Hayden! Come on!" I hear Dean's voice call to me. I try to blink but everything is dark. "Hayden!" He yells again. Something in his voice, the desperation brings me to and my eyes adjust.

"Dean" I croak out when I see him. He quickly unties my hands from the chair and scoops me into his arms. "What the hell happened?" He looks at me with crazed green eyes as he carries me through the bunker.

"Cas, it was Cas." I whisper out to him.

"What?!" He stops moving when I say his name.

"He has grace, he.." I trail off feeling tired again.

He shh's me "shhh.. Okay, just hold on" I feel movement again. I'm placed gently onto the bed and I feel weight next to me as Dean sits down. "Tell me what happened?" He pushes hair out of my face, waiting patiently for me to reply, stroking his thumb against my temple.

I take a deep breath "he said he wants to help the Angels get back into heaven." My breath is labored "and that our baby is the way to do that." I lift up my arms and I notice his eyes change. "He was drawing blood, I don't know.. Something about grace.." I put my arms back down tiredly.

"Okay, we'll find Cas and get to the bottom of this. You're okay now" he comforts me. He stays next to me and I hold his hand as I drift back asleep.

I'm awoken suddenly to the sound of something crashing. I move quickly out of the room and follow the sounds of commotion. I walk into the main room and find Sam holding back Dean and Castiel on the floor. I look at him and the cut on his face heals itself. "What's going on?" I croak out loud to get their attention.

"You know what's going on! What the hell, man!" Dean directs his anger back towards the Angel, shaking his hand out "I thought we were friends, I thought we were family!" He pushes Sam off of him. Sam lets go reluctantly, ready to jump back in if he needed to.

"Look.." Castiel reaches his hand around towards his back. Dean stands aggressively in front of me. Castiel brings out a syringe.

"Is that?" I step closer to the Angel but Dean stops me.

"It's grace" Castiel confirms looking at the blue liquid inside the needle.

"What? How?" I ask with wide eyes.

"I pulled it from you" he looks to me. Sam's and Dean's eyes follow his and they are all looking at me.

I shuffle my feet uncomfortably "huh?"

"The baby" Deans eyes grow with awareness.

"You're saying the baby has grace? That's pretty far fetched" Sam interjects. I look to him and nod my head slowly agreeing.

"I need the rest" Castiel stands up

"The hell you do!" Dean growls towards him.

"I wasn't hurting her." Castiel tries to explain.

"Then why the hell did I find her passed out tied to a freakin' chair!" He shouts.

Castiel moves his head a twitch "I'm sorry about the chair, she just wouldn't stay otherwise."

"Of course I wouldn't have stayed!" I yell back to him.

"She was fine. I left to get reinforcements.." Castiels eyes flicker to the table where bags of food and medical supplies sit.

"I can't believe you did this to her." Dean puts his arm around me pulling me close.

I turn my head up to his "hey, I'm alright. Really, I am. Maybe we should try and figure this grace thing out." I encourage to Dean, wondering about the grace.

His eyes turn to mine bewildered "No!" His eyes go back to Cas "You need to leave!"

"Dean." Sams reasonable voice speaks up "let's just take a minute and talk about things. What if--"

But he's interrupted "Go Cas, before I do something stupid." He looks away from his former friend.

"You'll see Dean, you'll understand" Castiel says and just like that, he's gone in an instant.

Dean moves through the room like nothing happened. He grabs a beer and sits down at a chair. Me and Sam look at each other, shrug and begin to clean up the mess.

Dean comes into the bedroom a few hours later with a pondering look on his face "what's the matter?" I ask him

"I don't understand. Why would Castiel finally give in and use the grace, it's not even his" he sits down staring off.

I shrug my shoulders "I don't really know. Maybe it was something Hannah said." I trail off thinking about the other night.

"What?" Deans eyes squint.

"Hannah, she was the one outside the bunker the other night." I explain to him.

"I completely forgot about that. I just found you and have been focused on that since I got back" he shakes his head. "Why was she here?" He asks

"I don't know everything, but she had Castiel cornered. She was very adamant that our baby was some kind of answer" I explain, the side of his mouth twitches as I speak.

"Answer for what?" He questions

"I'm not sure, for him I think." I shrug.

"And she just left, what happened?" His eyes look back to mine for an answer.

I sit up straight "I killed her." try to sound confident.

"You killed an angel? Why?" Deans face turns red with anger.

"She wanted to use our baby! I was so mad, it just happened!" I defend my actions, trying not to think too much about it.

"So you used an angel blade? Castiels?" He questions although he thinks he already knows the answer.

"No, I used the first blade." I correct him.

"What? Why would you do that? I wanted you to keep it safe, not use it!" His voice concerned and angry.

"It was the only thing around, I'm sorry" I apologize to him.

"I guess it didn't hurt anything, just promise you won't use it again alright? We don't know what can happen now." He asks me.

I nod my head to promise him and he smirks back to me "I'm just glad you're alright." He kisses my arms where I began to bruise. He lays down in the bed and falls asleep easily. I lie awake next to him, feeling something dwelling inside.