Chapter 8: The Truth

Although I didn't want to do anything he told me to do, I was hungry. I eat the food in silence and then decide to go find him. I walk around lost for a while before I run into anyone. I run into his brother Sam in a room that looks like a kitchen. He turns around when he hears me enter. His hair flips around and lands in front of his eyes. He flicks it away with a head motion and smiles at me "hey there Hayden. can I help you with something?"

"I'm looking for Dean" I say to him. I don't mean it to, but my voice comes off shaky and weak. I cough to try and cover it up.

"He's in the garage, I'll show you where it is." I follow him into the biggest personal garage I'd ever seen. There were classic cars in rows and everything was immaculate. He points down to the end where I see Deans figure. The door shuts behind me and I walk towards him. Black sabbath is playing from his car as he is cleaning the exterior.

When I get close I speak up "you take real good care of her." He looks at me. He throws the rag across the floor and gets in the car. He turns the radio down and sticks his arm out the window.

"Get in" he motions me in the cars direction to sit in the passengers seat.

I fold my hands on my hips "where are we going?"

"Just get in" he says again.

"We should talk first" I say in return. His lips flare at the side and his jaw bone tenses.

"I'll talk when we're on the road" he returns letting out a breath of air. I walk over to the passenger door and get in. He puts the car in drive and speeds away. After driving for a few minutes he finally speaks, "If you don't believe me about the other night, that's fine. But you have to see for yourself why you can't go back to your apartment." I look from him to the road and start to notice some familiar places. A little while later we are outside my apartment building. Rather, we are down the street behind a barricade. Dark smoke is emitting into the air. The building was burned. When I go to reach over the tape Dean grabs my arm and shakes his head no.

"But they'll let me through, I lived here" I plea to him, eager to be informed on what's going on.

He still holds my arm and pulls in closer to whisper to me, "It's a trap Hayden. You're going to walk right into it."

"Knock it off Dean. This isn't a joke. Let me go" I say raising my voice. He grabs me tighter and I wince in pain. He pulls me to the back of the formed crowd and let's go. I grab my arm after his release. It's already starting to bruise.

"I'm sorry but you can't. I won't let you, it's not safe." He says in a serious tone. I go to speak up but he shh's me. My blood boils and I go to speak again. He grabs my face and turns it. I see one police officer walking eagerly towards us. "Lets go" he says pushing me towards the car. I don't understand why he wants to run from him or what his urgency is but the tone in his voice makes me move. He spins out of the parking area and into the streets. Within minutes there's a police car behind us with the lights on. Dean continues to speed up.

"You have to stop!" I yell holding onto whatever I can grab.

"Not yet" he yells back. He turns down a dirt road and drives another few miles. When he finally stops he turns to me quickly "stay in the car, I'll take care of this" and turns to get out.

"Take care of it? Dean, wait!" I try to tell him but he just leaves me there. I turn around to watch out of the back window.

"Come and get it you son of a bitch" he hollers. He throws some kind of water at the man and he falls to the ground. He starts to kick him. I open the car door and watch. I want to help the man, but I'm paralyzed. I'm scared. This is not the man I thought I knew! All of a sudden Dean is thrusted backwards into the air landing on top of the police car. The police officer slowly walks over to him. I listen to what he's saying.

"You made it so easy for me. I didn't know if taking the girl would suffice to get a Winchester out of hiding. But, here we are. You came right to me. There will be no reason to torture her any more." He stops walking forward for a moment then speaks again "I'll do it anyway" he laughs walking forward again.

"Torture this you dick!" I holler raising the sharp silver blade Dean dropped. The man turns and I see his black eyes. I plummet the knife into his chest and a white light beams out of him. Moments later the body is on the ground. And so am I, throwing up the breakfast Dean made me.