Chapter 4: First Date

I get off of work and head into the bathroom. I change from my usual bartender clothes into a black cocktail dress with an open back. I touch up my makeup, let my hair fall down in waves and store my extra bag in the ceiling. I head out of the bar and Dean is sitting there on his black car waiting. He's wearing fitted jeans, and layered a shirt together with a open button up underneath a jacket. Although it's his typical look it's cleaned, ironed, and he looks refreshed.

"I thought I was getting stood up" he jokes looking down at his watch.

I chuckle "well I got to make you sweat a bit, don't I?"

He gets off the car and comes over to give me a hug. My stomach drops as I hug him in return. He goes around and opens the passenger door for me. I get in and he shuts it behind me. As he walks around to the driver side I take a peek at the back seat where we slept together weeks ago. I face forward as he opens his door. He turns the car on and REO speedwagon comes out of the radio.

"Is that a cassette tape?" I ask looking towards the radio.

He beams proudly "only the best for this baby!" I chuckle at what he says as the car begins to move.

"For this baby?" I mock him. He glances at me with a serious look.

"Don't you dare mock her. She's my one and only" he beams. I tilt my head back and laugh.

"Well I guess it does have its own charm." I finally agree. "Where are we going tonight?" I ask intrigued to where we are going.

"Dinner first, of course, then dancing" he glances at me again. His eyes shining off the night sky.

"Dancing? You dance?" I ask

"I'm gonna give it a shot. Hopefully I got a good partner" he says turning into a parking lot. He opens the car door for me and reaches his hand out. He holds the doors of the restaurant open for me and we walk inside. "Reservation for Winchester." He cheers to the hostess. She looks up from the book and smiles "of course" she says. We follow her to a secluded booth and he gets the chair for me.

He sits and I compliment him "I didn't think you'd be such a gentlemen."

"Well I have to make it up to you. I gotta pull out all of the stops." He tells me. Dinner was amazing. There is never a silence in the conversation. He told me the guys he was with at the bar were his brother and a friend, and that they work together. He explains they work in mechanics and sales and they travel a lot. On the way to dancing I tell him about New York. What it was like growing up in Manhattan, or what I wished it was like growing up in Manhattan. He doesn't understand why I would leave a city for a place like Kansas. I don't explain it to him, he doesn't need to know that part of my life. The phone reads out "the destination is on your left." We both look out the window and see an abandoned building with a for sale sign across the door. He parks in front of the door and gets out. There's a chain and padlock on the door. "Son of a ..." He mumbles pushing the chains into the door. I get out of the car and walk over to him. He kicks dirt up in the air. "Hayden, I'm sorry. I guess I should've looked this place up myself." He says. I look at him curiously. "Damn. Alright fine, I had some help planning this date" he says. He goes over to the hood of his car and rests on it. I go over next to him.

"It's alright. I had a good time with you anyway. Unless your friends were telling you what to say the whole time." I joke grabbing his ear lightly pretending to look for a device. He smiles just a bit. We sit silently for a few minutes. He jerks up suddenly "wait here" he tells me walking over to the car. He fumbled around with something and then there is sound coming from his car. The sound of Bob Dylan singing knocking on heavens door plays from inside the car and he comes back around to where I'm resting. He gestures his hand out to me

"Can I have this dance?" He asks. I blush sheepishly and take his hand. We dance under the stars to the song. He's surprisingly a good dancer and led through the entire song. When the song was about to end he kissed me on the cheek and whispered "forgive me now?" I pull my face to his and he winks. My entire insides melt and I brush my lips against his hard. His tongue finding its way to mine. He hoists me into the air and I wrap my legs around him. We fall to the hood of his car and fumble at each other's clothing. After we get dressed and brush off as much dirt as we can from ourselves he drives me home. We sit silently for awhile before he reaches his hand over and grabs my leg. He leaves it there the rest of ride leaving me trembling for more. When we get to my apartment he turns the car off and turns to me. "Should I come up?" He says smiling. I lean in and kiss him. I pull away, step out of the car and lean in the open window.

"Maybe we should leave that for a second date." I say winking and turn away from him. I hear a groan and I smile to myself. I open the door and as it shuts he pulls away.