Chapter 39: Attempting Normalcy

We get in the impala and Dean drives off. The road begins to look familiar but were not going to the bunker.

"Dean. Dean, where are we going?" I ask him panicked. I already know the answer to that question as the trees and buildings pass us by.

"We can't go back to the bunker yet, it's too crowded" he says eyes still on the road.

"But there?" I ask annoyed he'd even consider it.

"I know what happened there isn't something I want to dredge up either, but it's the only place close enough right now with enough space." I go to speak up but he interrupts me "I'm not taking you to a motel either." I huff out annoyed he knew what I was going to say. He glances at me. "I won't leave you alone there, I promise" he says reaching his hand over to my knee. I let it sit there for just a moment. The warmth I used to feel lingering but it soon disappears and painful memories fill my head. I move my leg to the side, adjusting my legs to try and cover up. He doesn't buy it because I see the sadness return to his eyes as he retreats his hand back to the wheel.

We get to the cabin. I shut the door to the Impala and slowly walk to the door. Dean is in front of me. He unlocks the cabin and I peak inside. Everything is cleaned and in order, like nothing happened. I walk in one foot in front of the other. I follow Dean to the couch and sit next to him. "Hayden, we need to talk about this" He says once my butt touches the cushion.

"What do you mean?" I ask, unsure of what specifically he wants to talk about.

"This isn't safe. We can't go through with this." He shakes his head

"I don't think we really have a choice." I say back to him. "I can't get an abortion" I say out loud.

"I don't want you too, but this is insane. This baby, there are so many things that can go wrong" he looks down to the ground. "What if something happens to you?" He looks back up to me.

"Nothing is going to happen to me" I tell him in return. I would be lying if I haven't thought about it myself.

"You don't know that" he shakes his head in disbelief.

"You won't let anything happen to me" I nudge him. He says nothing back to me. "will you?" I ask.

"I can't answer that anymore" he sighs. "I hurt you beyond repair Hayden. You loved me, you trusted me, and I did something so unforgiveable to you. Everything between us is shadowed by darkness now" He trails off.

I feel my heart aching inside as he says this to me. "Dean" I say under my breath. He hears me and looks up "I still love you" he looks down when I say nothing more and rubs his face. "Hey, look at me" I say reaching for his face. I touch it gently, feeling the hair underneath my fingers "you think the day won't break the sunless night?" I ask him? He looks up to me confused. I lean in and plant a small kiss on his cheek. I move my lips away and put my hand there "don't worry Dean, the sun will rise" I smirk to him. He rests the weight of his head into my hand and I feel nothing else but comfort.

I wake up the next morning on the couch. I did not want to go into that bed after what happened. Dean's asleep across from me with his head tilted back. I listen to the sound of his breath as he sleeps. Bringing back memories of better times. I sit up quietly and move my feet off of the couch. I tip toe into the kitchen and make a pot of coffee. I pour myself a cup and walk out of the house into the front yard. I stand there listening to the birds chip and the insects croak.

"Hey there" Dean says walking up behind me. I turn around and smile at him.

"Did I wake you?" I ask

"Naw" he says taking a sip of coffee.

"you could've slept in the bedroom" I tell him as I watch him try to crack his neck.

He shakes his head "that's okay, didn't want to leave you out there."

"Can I ask for a favor?" I turn to Dean. I shake my head a little bit wondering if I really want to ask him. Pieces of hair fall out of my messy bun and fall over my face. He nods and waits for me to respond "Can we try something?" I ask stepping closer.

"Like what?" His eyes search mine for answers.

"Can we have sex?" I ask flatly.

"What! No. That is not a good idea!" He says stepping back.

"Why not?" I ask him.

"Because of what I did! You can't even stand when I touch you. I can't sleep with you.." he says astounded by the idea

"I need to get over this. We need to get over this.." I gesture between us, pushing him to agree.

"We will" he says "but it'll take time" he acknowledges.

"We don't have time Dean! I'm pregnent, and the baby may or may not be demonic or angelic." Or pace a bit "I say we deal with one thing at a time, and this" I gesture between the two of us again "comes up first" I finish saying. He just stares at me shaking his head no. I step close to him and find his lips. I kiss him for a moment before I pull away. "That didn't hurt, now did it."

"Don't patronize me" Dean says annoyed, his voice rising.

"I'm not. I'm just ready to move on from this. I'm ready to forget." I say annoyed.

"forget--" he says his voice trailing off. I look at him, knowing the look on his. He has an idea.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Let me make a call. There might be a way to forget" he says walking inside. I open my arms wide, frustrated he left me with nothing but questions.

---------------------

- Go to myblueeyedangel and read her story! It's amazing and you won't regret it! One of the best supernatural fan fics out!! Keep writing, it's amazing!