Chapter 42: Prank War

Sam, Dean and Castiel return 6 days later. They come barreling through the bunker door, clunking their feet and grumbling to each other. They are unmistakably tired, so I stay in my room and let them unwind from the job. I walk out 2 hours later because things seem to get a bit quiet. Dean popped his head in to let me know he returned, but beyond that we didn't say much. He left to go clean up and told me he would come find me again later. I walk through the deserted halls in my bare feet, the cold cement tingling my toes. I make my way through the house and find no one. I walk through the garage, to the Impala's spot and it's still there. I look around and find an old thunderbird missing. I smile and think to myself "what are they up to now". I walk back inside and grab my phone. I dial Deans number but he doesn't answer, I dial Castiel next, and still no answer. One more call before I leave them to their own devices.

"Hey Hayd!" Sam's familiar voice picks up. I can hear his smile through the phone.

"You guys all together?" I ask smiling in return.

"Yah! No, don't!" I hear him say out loud "you've got to get down here!" He says back to me. "Castiel is so drunk! You've got to see this!"

"Where are you?" I ask

"Your old bar" he replies.

"Hayden! Come on, it's a party!" Castiel's voice is screaming into the phone now. "Join the fun!" He slurs out!

"I'll leave in a minute" I assure him.

"No, soooooneerrr" he says and then following that I hear a crash on the floor "ooh. Oops." And the phone hangs up. I look down at the phone and laugh. I squeeze into a pair of jeans, throw on a nice top and some black low heals. Something a bartender would wear on a week day. I grab the keys to the jeep they gave me and head to the bar. I pull in next to the thunderbird and walk into the bar. A familiar ring sings out near the karaoke bar and I turn to it. I see Castiel and Dean singing.

"You might have heard I run with a dangerous crowd
We ain't too pretty, we ain't too proud
We might be laughing a bit too loud"

I look around and quickly find Sam recording his brother and friend singing on a phone, with a huge smile. I walk over to him "Please tell me this was Dean's idea!?" I yell over to him. Sam gives me a quick look to answer my question, of course it wasn't Dean's idea. "Why don't you go sing? I can record!" I shout over to him trying to grab the phone. He lifts it higher making it totally out of reach.

"Billy Joel, I can do no justice, I'll let these fools ruin a classic!" He returns to me.

"Have it your way!" I make my way over to where Dean and Castiel are sharing a mic and join them.

"They say there's a heaven for those who will wait
Some say it's better but I say it ain't
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints
Sinners are much more fun...
You know that only the good die young"

The song finishes and we smile and laugh off the stage. Dean keeping his hand on the small of my back as I make my way back to Sam. They order more drinks and I get a water.

"What a great song choice" I raise my eyebrows to them.

"After what we went through, very fitting" Castiel says before taking a sip.

I raise my eyebrows to Dean and he just smiles "someone didn't listen to the big boys" he cackles out loud to Castiel who gives him a fake smug look.

"Hayden, have you ever seen drunk Cas?" Dean turns to me, his green eyes starting to glaze over from his drinks. I shake my head. "Oh, are you in for a treat!" He adds after I responded.

The rest of the night continues as I watch drunk, drunker, and drunkest drink their weight in booze. Castiel and Dean go for more shots as I sit with Sam at a table.

"Watch this!" He says as he pulls out gorilla glue from his pocket.

"What are you gonna do with that?!" I smile trying to not laugh.

"It's been way to long." He laces part of their beers with glue and quickly puts it away when I tell them there on their way back. "So you're in?" He asks me.

I think for a second but already know my answer. "Hell yea, they are so drunk, it'll be awesome!" I get out before they arrive.

They sit back down, the 3 of them take their shots and chase it down with their beer. Sam and I wait in anticipation for them to put their drinks down. Dean goes for it first.

"No, you didn't little brother!" His eyes widen as he tries to pull it off. Sam tries to contain his laughter as I sit to the side, pretending to be clueless. Castiel looks over to Dean and he tries to put his bottle down.

"What? What is going on?" He tries to flap his hand a bit.

"You just started a war!" Dean picks at the bottle. He looks to me and I try to hide my smirk "wait a second, are you in on this?!" His lips quivering from hiding a smile.

"I don't know what you're talking about" I try to lie.

"Oh, it's on!" Dean says loudly in laughter. Me and Sam give in and laugh while we high five each other. "Let's go Cas, we have to make a plan of action"
Dean nudges Castiel out of his seat, who is still staring at his hand glued to the bottle with wide confused puppy dog eyes.

They walk away and I turn to Sam "should I be worried?" I sip my water.

"Nah, he's harmless" he says drinking some more water. I give him a weary look. I decided to be in this, so I'll take whatever it is they will dish out.

An hour goes by and I'm getting tired "hey I'm gonna get going. Anyone need a ride?" I stand up grabbing my bag "speak now or hold out for a cab!" I smile to them.

"It's time I head out to fellas, got plans to follow through with!" Dean raises his eyebrows towards Sam and I. He gets out of his chair and we both wave goodbye to Sam and Castiel as we walk out the door.