Chapter 52: Deception

NOTE: WOW! 1.64 views! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME! That keeps me going 💜 thanks for the support!!

2 days go by before we try to to pull more grace. Same routine as the last time, Dean sulks in a corner, I sit in the chair, and Sam pulls the blood.

"I don't understand." Dean says frustrated "how was he able to get some before and we can't get anything!" He punches his fist down on the metal cart.

"I don't know, are we sure it even came from her. He could've just said that." Sam puts doubt into the air.

"Why would he lie though?" I ask, pretty sure that's not what happened.

Sam tries 4 more times before Dean stops him "it's not gonna work, we just need to stop."

"Maybe you're right" Sam agrees putting the filled needle down.

They go to leave but I speak up "wait!" They turn around "this is going to sound crazy." They stare waiting for more "Dean found me passed out, so Castiel must've pulled a lot of blood. What if the baby protected me or something. I don't know.." I say shrugging and trailing off, knowing what I'm saying to them probably sounds insane.

"The baby protected you?" Sam's eyebrows are raised high thinking.

"I know it sounds crazy, but our baby is clearly different. What if it was protecting me, to protect itself?"

"So you're saying we should pull more blood?" Sam begins to nod understanding where I'm coming from.

"Yea, maybe that's why it took so long to get some out." I say to them.

"No! Not part of the plan! We're not pulling enough blood out of you where you are going to pass out again!"

"Dean! It could work!" I argue back.

"Why does everything that could work have to put us at risk! There are negative side effects to lack of blood, and lack of blood with a baby! You're lucky you didn't have to go to the hospital after last time! We aren't pulling anymore blood, this is finished. Do you understand me?" He demands an answer from me.

"Dean, just listen--" I speak up but he interrupts me

"No. You listen, we're finished. Got it?" He demands again.

"Yea" I simply say, he looks to his brother who nods and then he storms out of the room. "Sam--" I trail off when I know Dean is gone.

"I know Hayden, we need to keep going."Sam says to me

"Deans gotta be gone though, he can't know until after." I say and Sam agrees. We stay in the room coming up with a plan behind deans back.

It wasn't hard to come up with a plan. I use my pregnancy cravings as an excuse. "Dean I hate to do this right now but I'm cravvinnng Chinese food!!" I say walking into the kitchen.

"Really, now?" He says putting the knife down.

"Yea, the baby wants what it wants" I smile to him lying.

"The usual?" He asks reaching for his phone.

"Actually.." I bite my fingernail. He sighs "there's this Chinese place a town over that has these fried shrimp squares.. I'm craving those!" I say.

"You can't just have regular Chinese?" He asks annoyed.

"I'm craving those shrimp things babe, I'm sorry.. I just need that!" I say dramatically

"Fine. Find the number. I'll ask Sam if he wants anything.." He throws the sandwich he was making Into the trash annoyed and leaves. I feel myself become angry at his attitude, but I remind myself that I'm lying to him. I pull up the phone number and we order our food 5 minutes later.

Dean leaves 10 minutes later to pick up the food. We have maybe an hour before he gets back. We waste no time.

"Alright, we don't have much time so I'll pull as much as I can, as fast as I can.. You're gonna bruise pretty quickly" Sam says grabbing the first needle

"Let's just do this.. I'd like to be sleeping in bed by the time Dean gets back!" I half smile to Sam. He smiles back and sticks the syringe into my arm.

A few attempts later and I'm starting to feel light headed. I look over at the viles and I've lost at least a pint of blood, I let Sam know how I'm feeling "Sam, I'm starting.. I'm starting to feel light headed.. If I pass out, keep going.. This. This needs to work." My eyes blink fast to keep them open

"You've lost a lot of blood.. Maybe we should stop!"

"No, don't stop.. Finish this Sam" I say my eyes rolling behind my head.

"Hayden, Hayden I got it!" I hear Sam's voice calling to me but I can't open my eyes.. I try to tell him I heard him but I can't speak "Hayden!" He calls to me shaking my shoulders. "Alright, let's move you" he lifts me out of the chair.

"One, one more" I barely get out

"No. We got some, that's enough" he says down to me.

"One more" I say again. And after a moment I'm propped into the chair again and feel another needle poke my hand.

The door to the room slams shut and I'm woken up! Dean is pacing in front of the door "Dean" I whisper out still tired

"Damn it Hayden!" He yells to me

"Sam told you?" I squint my eyes

"Yea! What the fuck! You agreed to stop!!" His voice is still loud

"No, you wanted to stop. I wanted to keep going. And it worked!" I remind him. I wonder how much Sam was able to get out of me.

"At what cost!!! I'm taking you to the hospital!! You need to get checked out!" He comes closer to me

"And say what, we took out a pint or so of blood, please fix her? That's ludicrous" I say slowly sitting up.

"I don't care what.. You need to get checked out. What if something happened to the baby!!"

I take a deep breath to stay calm "the baby is fine, I'm fine.. I just need to rest.. We can continue the plan now" I try to change directions

"You're not fine! I never should have agreed to this!" He continues to yell "I don't know what I would do if something happened to this baby.. I can't go through that again.." He slips out

"Is that what this is about?" I ask him

"What? No" he tries to cover up. I give him a look "sort of.. Hayden, you're already farther along then last time.. We don't know what's going to happen.. Something can happen again"

I go to stand up but feel dizzy so I sit back down, Dean comes over to me "and nothing can happen.. We can't live with fear Dean.. It wouldn't be living.." I touch his leg

"What you and Sam did was reckless, you also can't be stupid!!" He responds

"Sam knew what he was doing, and so did I" I defend our actions

"I don't care! It's my baby too, I didn't want you to do this.." His voice is still angry

"I'm sorry we lied to you but I'm not sorry we did it. We got what we wanted.." I tell him. He walks out of the room without another word and I go back to sleep.