Chapter twenty-five: Fighting for air

You: "Then what was Namjoon's order?"

Jungkook: "Today you will have some self-defense class from us."

You: "Now I would rather have Yoongi stab me fifteen times in my leg..."

Jungkook: "Don't say that when he's around, because he would gladly execute that idea of yours."

You: "Why do I need a self-defense class?"

Jungkook: "Do you have amnesia? Because of the attack we had two days ago."

You: "Didn't I prove then I was able to protect myself?"

Jungkook: "You were just lucky. Besides, he was a low-class intruder. He barely had any skills, meaning he's non-threating compared to other enemies we have."

You: "What kind of self-defense class are we talking about here? What will you teach me?"

Jungkook: "Some basic combat techniques, so you can defend yourself or stall some time when you're in need."

You: "And you think only some basic combat techniques will magically be enough to fight even your most skilled enemies?"

Jungkook: "You can't run if you haven't learned how to walk, which means you must learn the basics first if you want to amplify your set of skills. No one starts as a master. You always start as a student."

You: "So, what I'm getting out of your explanation here is that this isn't just a one-time practice?"

Jungkook: "Probably not. Namjoon didn't share an exact teaching program for you that he had mapped out. He just doesn't want you to be completely defenseless. That might imply some practices here and there."

You: "Fine..."

Jungkook: "No comment? No struggling? I don't have to drag you to the practice room? Just like that, you're agreeing?"

You: "What's the use? Besides, it's for my own good in a way. Which is strange to say out loud, considered you're the cause of my danger in the first place."

Jungkook: "It's the lifestyle we all chose for, you must adapt to it. Don't worry about today's practice. We'll go easy on you... At least me and Taehyung. I can't promise anything about Yoongi though."

You: "Seems like a normal day to me..."

+

Taehyung: "You finally found her."

Yoongi: "Took you long enough."

We entered a whole new era of the house I haven't been yet. Jimin had mentioned they have practice rooms for all sorts of things, like combat and a shooting lane. This was definitely a room meant for training their fighting skills. At the side there were some black benches, to rest or store some stuff on it. In the middle was a big grey mat, almost covering the whole floor. Yoongi and Taehyung were standing on the mat, they were in the midst of a fight when we entered the room. Once they saw us approaching, they stopped what they were doing.

Jungkook: "I didn't knew she was playing hide and seek inside the kitchen, otherwise I would've found her way earlier."

You: "Don't blame this on me. Even if I wasn't there, it would've taken you ages to find me. Consider a smaller house, problem solved."

Yoongi: "If you start by not being so nosy and keep your butt out of places you don't belong to, then we wouldn't have this problem. The kitchen era is forbidden for you to be in."