Chapter seven: Dangerous illusion

You: "Why? You told me that I have my own room."

Jimin: "We gave you a bedroom, but we decide if you'll sleep there or not."

I nodded slightly, signaling my understanding. Reluctantly, I picked up my fork again and focused on my food, trying to ignore the oppressive atmosphere.

Jin: "There's something else we need to discuss."

I thought Jin was addressing me, but when I looked up, I realized he was talking to the others. A small wave of relief washed over me.

Yoongi: "Right... We still haven't talked about our invitation."

J-hope: "When does it start?"

Jin: "It's starts tomorrow night around midnight."

Invitation? For what exactly? What's planned so late at night tomorrow evening? It's probably some illegal business they need to take care of.

Jungkook: "What about her?"

Namjoon: "She's coming along with us."

Jimin: "Won't she be a distraction?"

Jin: "She will behave, or she will face the consequences."

Do you have any idea how it feels when people talk about you as if you're not there? It's a really unpleasant feeling...

You: "Where are we going?"

Taehyung: "We're going to one of our clubs for a meeting."

I'm going outside? Outside! Maybe this could be my chance to escape them. When I'm trapped in this house, my options are limited, but outside might be different.

Yoongi: "Don't think of anything stupid, because you'll regret it."

You: "I wasn't thinking that. I was just wondering why you need me there."

Jin: "You don't need to worry about that. You will just come along, end of discussion."

You: "Okay..."

I tried to focus on my food, but my mind kept drifting back to escaping them. I was both excited and terrified. If I messed up, the consequences would be dire. Don't think about it, Y/N. You will escape them, at all costs.

Jin: "Y/N?"

You: "Yes?"

I said, looking up from my plate to Jin.

Jin: "Can you come with me for a moment?"

You: "I'm not done eating yet..."

Jin: "I wasn't asking, it was a demand."

He stood up from his chair, his eyes signaling me to follow. I didn't look at the others as I rose, trailing behind Jin, not knowing where he was taking me.

He stood up from his chair, giving me a sign with his eyes to follow him. I didn't look at the others. I just stood up as well, following Jin to god knows where.

+

As we walked through the dimly lit hallway, I tried to memorize the layout of the house, mentally mapping possible escape routes. The silence between us was heavy, only interrupted by the soft sound of our footsteps on the polished marble floor. The walls, adorned with expensive artwork and elaborate wood paneling, seemed to close in on me. He didn't say where we were going or what he wanted from me. Nothing. I didn't dare to break the silence, so I just walked closely behind him. Finally he entered a room, on the second floor, a really big office. The office was made of different patterns of wood, giving it a warm touch to the ridiculously space room. Again, why the need for so much space?