Chapter twenty-four: The stranger inside the kitchen

It felt so strange to me that Namjoon didn't want me to continue the story. Just like Jungkook mentioned earlier, it was only the beginning of everything. But at the same time, I didn't feel like arguing with him. My head was already pounding enough as it is because of all the memories that passed by. So, I simply nodded and stood up, leaving the room.

BTS pov

Namjoon: "Shoot the questions already. I can hear all your heads cracking from all the thinking over the silence."

Jungkook: "Why are you letting her off so easily?"

J-hope: "We need the information to prevent further attacks."

Yoongi: "Why don't we search intel on this person ourselves? If we attack, we will have an advantage. Besides it would be over quicker, instead of just waiting here until he has the guts to show up himself."

Taehyung: "She could've continued her story... Now that it was getting interesting."

Namjoon: "I like a cliffhanger. Besides now that she's willing to talk, she'll continue whenever I want. Carlos won't attack soon. He started low on the pyramid and made his way up. He's not at our level, so I'm not worried he'll win against us."

Jimin: "How can you tell by just listening to a part of her story?"

Namjoon: "As you heard, he terrified her with a knife and a lousy threat towards her friends if she would spill the secret. Which means he was desperate in need for a quick reaction for the situation. What indicates that he wasn't a part of this world yet for so long. He lost his cool, threatened her in a simple, yet affective way for an opponent like Y/N. She was a totally clueless, nonthreatening, harmless high school girl. Yet, he was too taken off guard when he saw she had witnessed everything. He acted without thinking then, doing what had to be done. Now he's thinking, making plans before acting up. That's character change, which can only mean that he reached a higher rank than before. He got us once by distracting us. He thought we would see this attack as one of our enemies. But he couldn't predict that his name would be spilled by one of his puppets. So, now we have the upper hand. Let him think he's still in the dark, unreachable for us. We'll prepare a good counterattack in the meanwhile."

Yoongi: "That's what I wanted to hear."

Namjoon: "His plan might have actually fooled us if it did succeed. He probably hoped that we would attack our enemies or even left her alone to die, because we thought she was taken for information. But he didn't succeed... We have the advantage here and we'll plan it out."

Yoongi: "Imagine what consequences would've been if we indeed attacked our enemies... If I get him in my own hands, he won't live another second."

Namjoon: "Y/N telling her story is purely out of entertainment, plus we get some more background of this guy."

Jungkook: "So, does that mean that me and J-hope can try finding out where he is?"

Namjoon: "Yes, Y/N just couldn't know. The less she knows, the better. Our plan will be more affective this way, if something does indeed happen to her."

J-hope: "Good, we'll start right away."

Namjoon: "Let me know when you have more information."

Jungkook: "Copy that. Is the meeting over now?"

Namjoon: "Two more things... Jimin and Jin, why are you two so quiet ever since this meeting started? You two barely said anything."