Chapter twelve: Return to sender

Namjoon: "But if I find out you've lied to me.... This will have some bigger consequences, then you could ever imagine. Do we understand each other?"

You: "I understand...."

Namjoon: "I'm glad we've cleared that out. Let's get out of here now."

You: "Are we going back to your place?"

Namjoon: "That place is your home from now on, don't you forget that."

You: "I'm not accepting that place as my home, never."

I said while giving him a glare, immediately regretting my actions. In one swift move Namjoon was on top of me. I tried to get his body off of mine, but he pinned my hands right next to my face. His lips were only a few inches apart from mine. 

Namjoon: "You know... Never is a really, really, really long time. Do you think you can handle that?"

You: "You call a place home when you feel yourself safe there."

Namjoon: "Safe huh? There isn't such thing as complete security."

You: "You're just saying that because you're the one causing that unsafe feeling."

Namjoon: "Life would be boring without a little danger..."

You: "I guess we don't have the same definition for 'a little danger'."

Namjoon: "Don't you like the adrenaline rush?"

His face moved, letting his lips travel up to my ear, whispering that sentence slowly. He let go of my right wrist, letting that hand trace from my hair all the way up to my right side of my cheek. 

Namjoon: "Don't you like it when your heart starts to beat faster and faster? When you feel the adrenaline rush throughout your whole body...."

I got shivers again, all because how low his voice can get. His mouth was still at my left ear, touching my earlobe slightly while speaking. His hand went from my cheek to my neck, sliding more down, stopping right above my chest. Even though he had released one of my wrists earlier, I couldn't seem to find strength to stop him. He had me completely in his might...

Namjoon: "When you feel your blood pump faster through your veins. All your senses heightened, instincts taking over. Your body turning itself to an automatic pilot, hoping that you won't crash down. Your body moving on its own before your brain can even proces or think about it. Just like a mouse, that's feeling trapped in a corner by its prey. "

His hands that was resting above my chest suddenly grabbed the side of my stomach, pressing it down. It made it harder for me to breath. His grip wasn't the cause of that, his voice and actions were.

Namjoon: "That's how you feel, trapped in your own skin. And all you want is to crawl out of it, set yourself free."

You: "I don't like that feeling at all."

I don't know where I found the nerve or courage to talk back to him. Just speak up, don't let him take over you like that. He can't hold this much power over you, even if you're scared. Don't let him face you, or at least pretend he doesn't have an effect on you.

Namjoon: "Maybe one day you'll enjoy it."

You: "I doubt that..."

Namjoon: "Well it doesn't matter anyway, you have no other choice."

When he said that he brought his face up, looking straight into my eyes. For a second I thought he was about to kiss me, but I was wrong. He finally got off me, now I could breath normally again.