Chapter-23

The party began with a welcome speech by Alex.

There were present various famous personalities. Starting from businessmen to even film stars.

Alex cleared his throat and began, "Good Evening Everyone. Today I am very happy to announce that the project, I've been working hard on has finally paid off. And this could have not been possible without the help of my business partner and my very own br.... friend Kevin, who not only worked with me, but also encouraged me when I was on the verge of giving up. He has been a great support to me just like a younger brother by his elder brother.........."

For some reason, his speech made Kevin tear up. When Kaira saw this, she held his hand. She knew that Kevin was thinking about Kayden. He looked at her and she smiled assuring.

Then Kevin too delivered a small speech.

They then indulged themselves with the guests. Kevin, Alex and Shanaya were talking to various businessmen, while Ash was playing with other businessmen's children. Kevin wanted to introduce Kaira to them. But he didn't find her. He looked around. Then asked Shanaya. She said that Kaira was talking to someone over a corner.

He searched and finally found her. She was surrounded by 5-6 men. It looked like they were trying to convince her for something. Later, it looked like they were forcing her.

Kevin went to them. He first looked at the people from head to toe and then at Kaira.

He asked smiling, "What are you doing here, love? And who are they?"

Kaira looked tensed.

One of them whispered something to another. He nodded.

"I told you........." Kaira began but was interrupted by one of the men.

He said smiling, "We are Kaira's friends. We were just talking to her. We wanted to have a little chat with her in the garden cause it's too noisy in here. But she is not listening to us. And may I know who are you?"

Kevin wrapped his arms around Kaira's waist and said proudly looking at her, "I'm her husband."

Then Kaira noticed the man who was standing near Kevin, pulled out a gun and looked at her. Kaira was terrified. She looked at him as if she is warning him. But he pointed the gun at Kevin. Kevin was strong enough to knock him down at once. Then there were many more men who surrounded them. One of them just pulled Kaira towards them.

When Kevin saw this, he couldn't control his anger, he began punching those people. But he couldn't handle as there were many.

When Alex got to know this, he rushed to them. He tried helping Kevin but couldn't as those people surrounded him.

His bodyguards rushed to him. But he pointed gun on Alex.

Someone kicked on back of Kevin's leg and he knelt losing his balance. One of them pointed the gun on him.

He said, "Come with us princess. If you don't then he will die for no good."

Kevin tried to defend but the man stepped on his foot and he couldn't get up.

"If you don't come with us, we'll do as I said. So, don't risk his life."

Kaira looked at him helpless.

Kevin said begging, "No Kaira. Not again. This time I can't afford to lose you again. Please don't leave me. Please......"

She looked at him. She wanted to comfort him but she couldn't.

She looked around. They were surrounded by people mainly by those goons. She thought for a while, then her expression changed. It was stern and there was no emotion at all.

She said, "Ha! Got you. What did you think Kevin, that I had forgotten everything? I came back to you?"

Kevin was surprised at her sudden change.

"W..... What are you talking, love?"

"Love?? Who's that?? Me?? Do you think that I still love you? You are wrong Kevin Spenser, I came infront of you just to take revenge. Do you think that I had ever loved you ever since I met you again? NOO!! It's just an act to show you how one feels when s/he gets betrayed."

"No... That's not true. I can still see that you love me... I can feel it.... You are lying... I know...."

Kaira smirked.

"Please don't do this Kaira."

She glanced at him for a moment and then left with the people.

When she turned, few drops of tear flowed down her cheeks.

She could still hear him pleading, "Please Kaira, please don't.... Not again... I know you're just acting.... Please.... Let them shoot me instead... Please.... I beg you..... KAIRAAAA......."

While she sat in the car, she looked at her beloved for the last time. He was crying badly, Alex and Shanaya were trying to console him. That was the last thing she saw.

She thought, "If this is what it has to be, then let it be.... I guess we don't have a happily ever after life... But atleast I'm happy that you have someone with whom you can share everything and most importantly you are alive... That is enough for me..... And I know Kayden will take good care of you after all he's your brother..... I guess we are over here.... I'm sorry Kevin... Please forgive me if you can. I hope you'll find someone who actually deserves you. Bye.... Love."
______________________________________

So ..... What do you think of this chapter? Did you like it?

What will Kevin do now? Why did Kaira do this?? What will Kevin do now?? Will he be able to get his Kaira back or will they end up parting and go their ways??

To know what happens next, keep reading.

Will be back soon.

Till then

Take care,

Bye bye💜.