Chapter-5

Getting no response from inside, Kaira got worried. She knew where he kept the spare key. She took it out and opened the door.

Whatever she saw, made her feel so stupid. Kevin was sitting comfortably on the couch, with his headphones on, vibing his favourite songs. The reason he couldn't hear her.

At that moment, he turned to get some water and saw her glaring at him as if she would kill him. He took his headphones off and smiled seeing her.

She came near him and her lecture began.

"Why are you taking them off?? Put them into your ears again and become a deaf. Forget that there's a world where people live. Even if you are listening to music, then put it in a low volume so that you can atleast hear what's going on around. If this goes on, one day thieves will loot you and you won't even get a clue of it."

But till now Kevin was unable to understand the reason behind her outburst. He stood up and asked, "What happened?? Why are you scolding me??? Did I do something wrong??"

Kaira pinched her nose bridge in frustration. She smacked his head and said, "What should I do with you man??? Why are you like this?? I had been calling you to open the door, but there was no response even after 5-6 knocks. I was worried, if you are okay or not. But when I entered the room, here you are sitting vibing songs. Do you even know how scared was I??"

Coming extremely close to her, he asked in a flirty tone, "Why?? Do you like me that much?? Or have you fallen for me??"

For a moment Kaira froze in her place but then immediately pushed him away and smacked him again. He became silent.

She said, " I was here to call you to help me shopping. But I guess it was not a good idea. I better go by myself."

Saying this, she got up and started walking. He called her, "Wait!! I'll come with you. Just give me few minutes."

He went inside his room, got changed and came back. When Kaira saw him, she was stunned for a moment. But then she ignored it. He wore a plain white T-shirt, jeans and a royal blue blazer which made him look more handsome.

He said, "Let's go."

She asked, "But where shall we go?? I don't know any place here."

He said, "Don't worry, there's a mall nearby where I'm a regular customer. I'll take you there."

Both of them went there and Kaira did her shopping.

While paying the bill, she bumped into someone. Before she could fall, he supported her to stand and said, "Oh!! I'm really sorry. I didn't see you."

And before she could respond, Kevin called him, "Hey Johnny, it's been so long!! How are you man??"

He looked at the direction where Kevin was standing. A smile spread on his lips. He went to him and hugged him.

He responded, "Yeah.... I'm doing good. How about you??"

"I'm also good." He said.

Kevin introduced Kaira to him. She smiled in response.

Taking Kevin to a little distance, Johnny slowly bent to him and said in a low teasing voice, "Ahhh!!! She is so beautiful. Is she single?? By the way, who is she??"

Kevin glared at him and said, "Don't you dare to look at her."

He smiled and said, "Ohh!!! Now I understand. Is she your girlfriend??"

He nodded, "No. But, she is someone I like. She doesn't even know that."

Johnny smirked, "If you ever tell her, then only she'll come to know. Or else, you keep on waiting and you won't even know when someone will come and take her far away from you."