Chapter 35 Hell Hath No Fury

"He cheated on you?"

"Yup."

"And you aren't crying?"

"Not anymore."

Granger watches Sparks as she adjusts her shirt in the mirror

Granger watches Sparks as she adjusts her shirt in the mirror. "I don't understand, you were mad over him. I expected crying followed by alcohol and wallowing."

She shrugs. "Oh I did cry, like a blubbering idiot. But Kevin was there to help, and I expect a certain corridor in the school to be a mess of water and destruction, but I'm done. If he thinks he can do better than me he's a fool. And I plan to show him just exactly what he lost."

Hermione has that looks of worry as the girl grabs a necklace and wraps it around her neck. "Is that why you're dressed like that?"

Y/N looks down at her short skirt and t-shirt. "Dressed like what?"

"..."

"Mione."

"No offense, but you kind of look like a harlot."

"HERMIONE."

Her friend stands up and raises her forearms with her hands open. "Don't jinx me. I'm just saying that you kind of look like you're going to snog someone today."

She stays silent for a second. "that's an idea..."

Granger grabs her hand. "NO, no. You're not going to go and kiss someone just to prove a point to someone like Malfoy. You were too good for him anyhow."

"Girl, I know. I'm just saying that I want to make him know it just as well."

"So that's your plan, dress loose and snog a guy? I can't even imagine what you'll do to Parkinson"

"I have some ideas, but Draco's the one that cheated. So he's my main focus."

"Just, don't do anything stupid."

Y/N smiles. "Hermione Granger, you have known me for nearly three years. You should know by now that stupid is not something my actions are often called. So, shall we?"

The girl looks at her extended hand and then back to her. She can see the wavering in the girl's face, the feeling of uncertainty in her mind, but in the end, she finds Hermione taking it. And before a single non-existing person could bat an eye, they're out of the dorm.

The Great Hall is loudest on the weekends. And since Fred and George's infamous end to their time at Hogwarts yesterday, every prankster is looking to take their crown. To be the school's next king or queen of trouble, but no one will come even close Hogwarts will remain to have the Weasley twins' mark on it. No one is likely to forget them anytime soon.

As Y/N walks into the room, she notices emotions shifting. Eyes are on her and she acts as if nothing is going on. For the first time in ages, she's proud of how they wound up staring at her. Why they're looking. And Godric knows that she's caught a decent amount of guys' attention.