Chapter 34 Treachery.

"So she tried to worm the truth out of you?"

"Yeah," Y/N nods. "as poorly as she could. And she just let me go when she couldn't get it out of me. Quite odd."

Ginny looks at her from Granger's bed. "It's cause she's scared of you."

"She is not." Sparks argues.

Lavender makes an odd expression. "I mean, everyone sort of is."

"what."

The girl shakes her head. "It's not in like a bad way, it's just that people have some serious respect for you after you lost your shit in the courtyard. "

Parvati sits right next to the girl. "It's true. Some have great respect for you, and others are... intimidated."

Y/N makes an obscene gesture at them. "How's that for respect?"

She looks down at the scar on her hand. It's a bittersweet image. On one side, she'd finally stood her ground and had crossed out Umbridge's message in the process. However, the fact that it got to that point in the first place was absolutely horrendous. 

Hermione passes her a piece of candy from the small collection of Easter treats in the center of them all.

"I mean, aren't you used to it by now?"

"What do you mean?"

"Come on," Brown responds. "you showed up third year and got into multiple fights. You brutally broke up with Weasley in front of a bunch of people and then got with Malfoy of all guys. You've always had a reputation to be a bit.. spikey?"

She looks to the ceiling. "I have not been in multiple fights, I've been in multiple almost fights. And even then, It wasn't really my fault. And also, I was not that brutal with Fred."

Silence fills the dorm room. If the window was open, you could possible hear the crickets all the way from the woods. 

Y/N looks at the girls. "seriously?"

Ginny breaks the quiet. "he was in the infirmary.."

"With a beard, he was fine."

"he cried."

"That's not my fau- okay it kind of is. But that's not the point, I'm not spikey and I'm not intimidating. If Neville Longbottom isn't intimidated by me, then no one else should be."

Lavender pats her on the shoulder. "You're also a Prefect. And that means you can give people detentions."

Her hands go up in the air. "I-Am-Not-Intimidating. Or at least I don't mean to be. I'm nice, kind of.."

"..."

"you've got to be kidding me"

"-Look, it's not that you're unlikeable or that people think you're unhinged. It's just that a lot of things stack on a scale that makes you a bit, harder to approach than others. You're a Prefect, you have a reputation, and you're dating a bully. It's simple as that."