Chapter 22 "Cheer"

Later That Day

"Why is she so determined to get to our daughter?!?!"

"I don't know, Sierra."

"Well we need to figure it out, because I will not let Y/N go anywhere near her. We promised that we would do anything to keep her away from that life. From all of it."

"We also promised to always keep her safe. To never allow anything bad to happen. One curse and multiple murderers near her later, I think we all know our promises have gone you know where. But you're right, she mustn't get to her."

"How could we've let this happen?"

Y/N turns away from the creaked open door, rolling her eyes. Maybe it was a mistake to tell them about Angelita's gift on Christmas. Perhaps it would've been better to tell them another day. Now, the two of them are both going bonkers and she can't help but feel bad for ruining the day. It isn't likely they'll be coming to visit Arthur later. They'll probably be busy worrying about it all, the 'big picture'. Whatever that is.

Ginny approaches her in an odd manor

Ginny approaches her in an odd manor. "How'd it go?"

She sighs. "Exactly how I expected. How's Molly?"

"Still crying."

"Bloody hell."

The two girls make their way back to the bedroom that they both left to see their parents. The day seemed to take it's first turn when Molly received a package in the mail. Once opened, it was revealed to be the sweater she had sent to Percy as a gift. After a second of realization, the woman burst into tears. No one knew how to possibly bring her ease at a moment like that, so all the kids went upstairs, so some of the adults could try and consolidate her.

"I don't understand how your brother could be so cruel. It's one thing to not keep it or to leave it in the back of his closet, but to send it back to her? That was done intentionally to hurt her."

Ginny looks at the walls. "Percy's a bloody git for that. I hope he and the Minister are very miserable together."

She laughs. "Damn."

The girl seems to back track. "Sorry for being blunt, but he had it coming."

"No." Sparks assures. "You're right. It's just hard to imagine you as the girl who couldn't speak to Harry."

"Shut up."

The two of them fill the halls with unrelenting laughter. 

"So what're your parents on about in there?"

She looks up towards their room. "Oh you know, the expected. 'How on earth did we let this happen again?' 'She can't get anywhere near the kids' 'What motive does she have with Y/N' . All the things I should've thought through more before showing them the bladed fan and note."