The First Official Date

This takes place after they've been in the human realm for a few weeks.
Ships:
Lumity

Luz pov:
Amity has no idea, but we're going on a date today! I'm super excited but also pretty nervous. I mean, she's the prettiest witch on the Boiling Isles, and somehow, I'm dating her. I still don't know how that happened. Anyway, we are going to the movies to watch the new Azura movie, and then we're going to walk around the park after getting pizza, of course. I can't wait.

"Amity?" I ask, sticking my head into her temporary room. "Wanna go somewhere?"

"Sure, Luz, where are we going?" She says, looking up from a book.

"You'll see!" I answer, excited. "Come here, we're going somewhere special." I pull her over and put a blindfold over her eyes. I know it's cheesy but I wanna suprise her with the date. After all, we've been through so much, and Amity deserves a proper date.

"Why the blindfold?" She asks. I simply say you'll see again in response before leading her out the door to the car. We get in, and she needs a bit of help because of the blindfold, but not too much. I've asked my friends and my mom to help me keep it a suprise. My mom offered to drive and to pay for some of it, and I've thanked her endless times since then.

In the car, Amity and I just talk about random stuff. She's pretty confused, but she trusts me, so she is okay with following my lead.

Once we get to the pizza place (it's within walking distance to the theater and the park), I help Amity out of the car and remove her blindfold as mom drives away. I'm not dressed too fancy, but I'm still fancier than normal. Willow made Amity dress up more than normal today. She's wearing a purple dress with a blue sash across the waist. She has on a blue headband to macg the sash. She also has on see-through tights beneath the dress. I chose black jeans and a light blue crop top.

"Welcome to your first official date, sweet potato!" I say.

"Luz, this is amazing! Thank you. I'm so excited!" She gushes out. "This is why Willow wanted me to dress up.."

"Yep! Are you ready?" I ask.

"Absolutly, let's go!" She says back, enthusiasticly.

We walk into the restaurant and get a table for two. We order our pizza, a half cheese half Hawaiian one, and we start to eat and laugh at random stuff. We finish the pizza and pay. I glance at the time.

"Oh shoot, we've gotta start walking to. The movies, Sweet Potato. We do t wanna be late for the Azura movie." I say, standing up.

"Okay, let's go." We walk out of the pizza place and start walking to the movie theater. The temperature had dropped a little bit, and Amity shivers. I take out my jacket and offer it to her. She takes it. She looks so pretty right now. The slight breeze moves her hair around on her shoulders, her golden eyes glinting in the fading light of the sunset, her dress ruffling around her knees as she walks. She's gorgeous. I love her so much. I managed to tear my eyes away from her to see that we've arrived at the theater.

Walking in, she smiles at the smell of buttered popcorn, soda, and candy. I grin at her reaction.

"Two tickets for the Azura movie, please." I tell the person at the counter.

"That'll be $15." They say. I hand them the money and receive the two tickets.

"Are you two together?" They ask after noticing that we're holding hands.

"Yep. It's our first official date." I say because I can't resist letting everyone know we're together.

"Oh, well, congrats, and have an amazing night!" They say making us both grin.

"We will, thanks!" We say together as we run off into the theater, determined to make it to the movie in time. We get popcorn and a box of Snow Caps before getting settled into our seats.

The movie begins to play, and we watch entrapped as Azura solves a mystery, saves the world, and befriends her enemies.
(Time Skip)
When the movie ends, we are both ecstatic at the end. As we walk out of the theater and walk to the park nearby, we stumble over our words, talking about the ending and the characters and everything else possible. I love that I can talk to her out this nerdy stuff.

After 30 minutes of walking and talking, we finally sit down on a bench. She's still wearing my jacket and we relax into each other enjoying the other's company. Suddenly, it starts to rain. I get an idea. As everyone else in the park is running to shelter, I stand up and offer Amity my hand.

"Wanna dance?"

"Of course." She says, taking my hand. We dance there in the rain, letting the cooling droplets fall on our skin for what feels like hours, kissing occasionally, foreheads pressed together. I love her. I love Amity Blight with my whole heart. This was the best date in the world, and I hope the rest of my life will be filled with dates just like this.

The End

Holy Hades! This is the longest oneshot I've written so far! Pretty cliche ending, but it's sweet. I hope you enjoyed it and have an awesome rest of the day/night!