Nightmares

She smiled as she saw his optics- a kind blue, accommodated with a soft smile. His paint job was red, small horns sticking out of his head.

''You know Arcee, after this patrol we could go out, just the two of us." He joked, looking at her.

''Yea, like last time. I had to explain to Ratchet why you were all scratched up.''

Cliffjumper scoffed at the remark, but then grinned, looking at his partner.''At least I'm not the one who was attacked by an Earth feline.''

Arcee felt her energon boil as she prepared to hit him. In a joking matter, of course.

...

''I'm not really so bad, you know... Megatron, he's the evil one."

Red optics followed her as she paced around.

"Tell it to someone who cares."

"Like whom, Airachnid?'' Sarcasm was washing over his words. "What I wouldn't do to get my hands around her wretched throat.'' He said, closing his claws as he imagined killing the bot he most hated.

''So we can agree on one thing."Arcee said as she looked at the prisoner, putting one hand on her hip.

"Oh you have no idea. She showed up one day and the next thing you know she's acting like she runs the place! She whispered lies into Megatrons ear, maneuver to rob me out of my rightful place!''

''Well, she terminated my partner.'' Arcee said as she looked away, memories of the monster that was her former partner coming to mind.

''What!? She's taking credit for scrapping him now too!? That was my doing!''

"What? You weren't there.''

''Yeah, of course I wasn't, I don't know what I was thinking!''

''Who are you talking about?'' She asked, taking two small steps towards him.

''No one. Who are you talking about?'' he answered, tilting his head in an innocent manner.

''Tailgate.''

''Uh, who's Tailgate?''

Her eyes widen, looking at him with fury.''You were the one! You extinguished Cliffjumper!''

Arcee awoke with a gasp, a shudder running down her back struts. She looked around, finding herself in her berthroom.

Starscream.

He was a threat. She needed to get rid of him.

Now.