Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I just can't

My cousin from my mother's side transfered to my school. Kasama ko ngayong kumakain si Yara sa cafeteria para sa tanghalian. Cheonsa is eating lunch with someone else. Si Ashanti naman ay hindi ko ma-contact.

Yara is pretty catchy, and I could notice some boys glancing at her from time to time. Transferee eh, saka maganda pa. She's got most of the Narvaez genes, sweet features and naive look. Innocent she may look, but she's actually a little evil.

"You used to love the life at the province. Just you and the nature," sabi ko habang naglalakad kami sa plain papunta sa symposium room.

Mainit, at grabe ang sikat ng araw. Pakiramdam ko nga uulan mamaya, o 'di kaya ay bukas.

She fixed her golden hair, tugging them behind her ears. Buti na lang hindi bawal ang light hair colors sa school. Mahilig kasi siyang magkulay ng buhok. Always DIY.

"Corny pero, yeah, things change. I still love the farm, the province, the nature, but being stuck there for a long time made me realize I lost a lot of experiences," she said, her both hands at her back while looking around. "I lost a part of my life. My parents were right."

Tumango ako. Sabagay. I also love the province, my mother's hometown, but I can't deny the fact that this city is better. Probably because I was born here and got used to what it could offer. At isa pa, dito ko nakilala si Rejo.

"But you used to be obsessed to that place," tawa ko. Dumiretso muna kami sa powder room. "I could still remember how you'd always bicker with your parents everytime they try to convince you to live here and study with me."

Pagharap ko sa salamin, pinagmasdan ko muna ang sarili ko. My dark brown hair used to be so long. Hanggang baywang noon, pero ngayon ay hanggang ibaba na lang ng dibdib ko. I sighed and leaned closer to the mirror to appreciate my eyes. My cute dark brown foxy eyes under my hard angle eyebrows and thick eyelashes. Pointy nose and a small round pinkish lips. I should thank my parents for their beautiful masterpiece.

"You want a secret?" she asked and put a gorgeous shade of gloss on her lips.

I chuckled and ducked over to wash my face to freshen up a bit. Ala una na kaya nakakaantok mag-aral, lalo na't math ang next subject namin.

"I'm here for a boy," she said.

I straightened my back to glance back at her. Mabilis akong kumuha ng tissue para punasan ang mukha ko.

"No way! You hate men!"

She laughed. "I did! I hated them, but someone got my attention last summer. He's a city boy..."

Dahil malapit nang ma-late, naglakad na kami papasok sa room. Wala pa si ma'am.

"So you followed him here? Changed your perspectives for him?" Natawa ako habang inaayos ang gamit sa lamesa. "I really didn't expect this from you. What love could do," dagdag ko, may kasamang pag-iling.

"But," she moved closer to me to whisper. "He has a girlfriend. She's actually our age, our classmate..."

Kumunot ang noo ko, 'di alam ang dapat na maramdaman. I first thought about my situation with Rejo.

"H-huh? Sino naman?" My lips parted while waiting for her answer.

May tinuro siya at halos malaglag ang puso ko. Si Diana ang tinuro niya, pinsan ni Marinelle! I didn't know what to feel, samantalang si Yara ay tumatawa na sa tabi ko.

I looked at Diana who looks a bit like her cousin, she's seriously scribbling on her notebook. She's the silent type, so I don't actually know her. We're not close either, and I don't care. Kahit pa pinsan siya ni Marinelle, hindi ko siya naging close.