Chapter 6

Drip. Drip. Drip.

I was 'studying' on my bed with Allison, trying to recap everything that had happened between Stiles and I since that night at Hardey's.

"Well do you like him?" Allison piped in halfway through my story.

"No! Well I mean, I'm still going to give him a chance, but I barely know him. I don't know him like he knows me." I finished my story, which completely inticed Allison.

"You two are adorable! I ship it."

"You what?"

"I ship you guys. A hundred percent."

"I still don't know what 'ship' is."

"What!?" Allison screeched. She looked over at me to make sure I wasn't joking, and then continued. "Shipping is basically when you want two people to be together. I ship you and Stiles. Make sense?"

"Not really but whatever. I'll give him a chance."

"Awh Lydia, he's totally crazy over you!"

"Yeah, yeah. I'll invite him over tomorrow night."

Drip. Drip. Drip.

I sat at the desk in my room, watching the rain from the window. The invitation to Stiles was still blank, my fingers hovering over the my phone. What was I supposed to text him? I didn't want him to think I was only inviting him for pity, but I also didn't want to seem too interested. Or too desperate. Drip. Drip. My fingers took over, typing only five simple words. Wanna come over tomorrow night? I told myself to stop overthinking it, and clicked send. Then I added 6 o'clock. A part of me hoped he said yes.

"Hey Lydia. What did you want to talk about? If it's about that fight we had-"

"No, it's not about that. I actually didn't have anything specific on mind."

"Oh, well, uh, why'd you invite me over then?" Stiles eagerly asked.

"I just wanted to hang out! And Allison was busy, so I figured we could get to know each other."

"Ok, um, do you-"

"Here, come in. I grabbed a pizza from that place down the street. Is that ok?"

"Is that ok? It's great! Nothing can beat pizza!" He then walked over to the box in the kitchen and grabbed the biggest slice, stuffing it in his face.

"See, isn't pizza just the best?!" he muffled through a full mouth. He started dancing around with the pizza all over his face, and I couldn't resist the urge. I bursted out laughing, following Stiles on his pizza parade around the house. I followed him up the stairs, around the living room, and back down. As I went to reach for one of the last steps, I slipped on his pizza sauce. I tumbled down the stairs, surprised when I landed without any injuries. When I looked up, I discovered why. Stiles had caught me. He lifted me up onto my feet and began to ramble off his sorrys. I raised my finger to his lip and shushed him, and he stopped. I looked into his light brown eyes and saw myself getting lost in them. He leaned in close to me, grabbing my hair and cupping the back of my head in his hand. His leaned forward towards me, his lips parting and barely brushing mine before the door opened and I pulled back.

"What the hell is going on here?" I looked over at Stiles, predicting what was about to happen right before it did. And before I could even think to make a move, Stiles was being dragged out the door. I grabbed my phone and ran out the door, screaming Stiles' name. He was nowhere to be seen. I opened my phone and went directly to my emergency contacts to call Scott. Luckily, he answered on the second ring.

"Lydia? What's wrong?"

"It's Stiles. I need your help. Now."

"What's going on? Is he okay?"

"Yeah, but not for long. You need to come now."

"Lydia, stop avoiding the subject and tell me what happened."

"He, he's got him. He's got Stiles. And I don't know what he's gonna do to him."

"Who, Lydia?" Scott demanded. I hesitated, scared even to say his name.

"Jackson."